+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Clarification

Marqus_72

Jan 14, 2021
Hi All,
I have completed :
1. MBA
2. B.Tech

Now for IQAS do I have to validate both my education credentials.
OR Would it suffice if I get my MBA education degree alone validated?

Thanks in advance.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hi All,
I have completed :
1. MBA
2. B.Tech

Now for IQAS do I have to validate both my education credentials.
OR Would it suffice if I get my MBA education degree alone validated?

Thanks in advance.
A recent announcement states that you can get your highest qualification evaluated only.

But, there is a catch. If IQAS evaluates your MBA as masters, its all fine. On the other hand if your MBA is evaluated as PG Diploma, then you may want to use two or more degrees system and need your bachelors evaluated also. Moreover, in future, if you plan to work as an engineer, you will need P.Eng license and for that you will need your B. Tech. evaluation. So, better to get both degrees evaluated.

Marqus_72

Jan 14, 2021
A recent announcement states that you can get your highest qualification evaluated only.

But, there is a catch. If IQAS evaluates your MBA as masters, its all fine. On the other hand if your MBA is evaluated as PG Diploma, then you may want to use two or more degrees system and need your bachelors evaluated also. Moreover, in future, if you plan to work as an engineer, you will need P.Eng license and for that you will need your B. Tech. evaluation. So, better to get both degrees evaluated.
Thank you so much for clarifying.
1.I have already done my ECA with WES. However, due to my ignorance( also impatience) I didn't go with IQAS.
2.Just curious - > I have a MBA degree certificate - meaning it is not a PGDM or Diploma in mgmt or distant education. The graduation certificate clearly states it as "Master in Business administration". Still you feel this might not get evaluated as Masters?

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Thank you so much for clarifying.
1.I have already done my ECA with WES. However, due to my ignorance( also impatience) I didn't go with IQAS.
2.Just curious - > I have a MBA degree certificate - meaning it is not a PGDM or Diploma in mgmt or distant education. The graduation certificate clearly states it as "Master in Business administration". Still you feel this might not get evaluated as Masters?
What I have heard from majority of people, is that if MBA in India is from IIMs, only then WES evaluates it as Masters degree. MBAs from all other universities is evaluated as Post graduate diploma.

Coming on to IQAS, many people have stated that IQAS evaluates all Indian MBAs as masters. Going by that, you will most probably get Masters from IQAS but still we shouldnt rule out the worst case scenario.

Moreover, if you plan to use evaluation by two different agencies in combo, it will cast some doubts and can even cause problems in future.

So, best is to get both degrees evaluated by IQAS.

If, you want only MBA to be evaluated by IQAS, then do not mention you Bachelors WES evaluation in express entry profile at all. That will be a sureshot invitation to rejection.

chetan79ahir

Apr 8, 2020
Hi friends,

I am applying for IQAS assessment for my MBA. I have 3 years of BBA and 2 years of MBA as education credential.
1) My query is, do I need to evaluate both of my degrees or just the MBA ? I found that for WES there is specifically mentioned both degrees in case of masters evaluation, however I found no such information for IQAS. Further adding more credential for evaluation will consume more time ,at no cost though. I appreciate if someone help me out in this situation.
2) Also, do we need to upload attested copy of degree certificate or simple scanned copy would suffice?
3) Since my institute is not sending records directly, I won't be using "Academic Records form" . Am i correct?

AnjaliB

Dec 16, 2020
What I have heard from majority of people, is that if MBA in India is from IIMs, only then WES evaluates it as Masters degree. MBAs from all other universities is evaluated as Post graduate diploma.

Coming on to IQAS, many people have stated that IQAS evaluates all Indian MBAs as masters. Going by that, you will most probably get Masters from IQAS but still we shouldnt rule out the worst case scenario.

Moreover, if you plan to use evaluation by two different agencies in combo, it will cast some doubts and can even cause problems in future.

So, best is to get both degrees evaluated by IQAS.

If, you want only MBA to be evaluated by IQAS, then do not mention you Bachelors WES evaluation in express entry profile at all. That will be a sureshot invitation to rejection.
Hi. I already got my PGDM evaluated from IQAS but did not get desired report, now I plan to evaluate my DU bachelors degree separately. Can this scenario also cast some doubts while creating EE profile as I will be submitting two individual eca assessment reports.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hi. I already got my PGDM evaluated from IQAS but did not get desired report, now I plan to evaluate my DU bachelors degree separately. Can this scenario also cast some doubts while creating EE profile as I will be submitting two individual eca assessment reports.
Didn't u send both your bachelors and PGDM to IQAS. If not, now send both to WES. It is always advisable to use a single report stating two or more degrees evaluation.

Tanu0619

Dec 8, 2019
What report you got for your PGDM, Anjali?

MissionPR

Sep 15, 2022
My husband has a full time MBA degree from XLRI. Could someone please let me know if WES will accept it even if we provide the AIU and AICTE documents? Or should we go for some other evaluation site?