+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invoice from Lifelabs

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey I just received an invoice from Lifelabs asking me to pay $34 ! I thought my medical examination is covered by IFHP ? Do I have to pay it ?

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
I had the same experience in Calgary, When the clinic asked me to pay for my Xray. I showed them the IFHP and convinced them that it covers the cost. They had to go and discuss between them to finally come to me and to accept not to pay. I suggest you call Lifelabs and talk to them about it immediately. Sorry, this may be too late reply.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I already paid the bill as I thought it might delay my open work permit.. when I tried to see my results Lifelabs said I have to have a health card to see it basically it was a scam, but it's okay ^_^

DianaParr

Sep 17, 2020
I had to pass the General Diagnostic Test in order to be able to participate in the competition. I was not in Lifelabs, but in another similar medical center, but I think that in this matter it is not important. It was a routine procedure where I went through a number of doctors, which I had gone through many times before. But this time I got invoice templates that obligated me to pay for it, even though I had never paid for a General Diagnostic Test before. I realized that something was wrong and made a few calls. IFHP has resolved this issue. Apparently it was some kind of mistake, as I was charged $ 100 for all the diagnostics.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had to pass the General Diagnostic Test in order to be able to participate in the competition. I was not in Lifelabs, but in another similar medical center, but I think that in this matter it is not important. It was a routine procedure where I went through a number of doctors, which I had gone through many times before. But this time I got invoice templates that obligated me to pay for it, even though I had never paid for a General Diagnostic Test before. I realized that something was wrong and made a few calls. IFHP has resolved this issue. Apparently it was some kind of mistake, as I was charged $ 100 for all the diagnostics.
Sometimes for non-medical reasons you are required to pay for medical services in Canada. For example if you need a covid test to travel outside Canada that usually isn't covered you are expected to go to a private lab and pay out of pocket.