+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting unemployed friend to Canada for summer holidays

VVinspire17

Mar 29, 2015
Hello,

Just have a questions in regards the chances of my friend's Visitor Visa application succeeding 2nd time, as the difference between this application and last time Successful 1st time she got Visa is:

1. My friend is now unemployed (she had a part time job when she was still enrolled in education)
2. And she finished University and got Master's degree just 1 month ago, so she is not enrolled anymore (which is normal considering the fact that she was just a student)

So now she is both unemployed and she is not studying. However she has been in Canada already once, for last summer holidays and I was financially supporting her. We knew each other from school years (as we were classmates), when I was still in my home country and we have all the photos to prove.

If I invite her again, other then already bought round trip tickets (with her coming back in the end of the August as the last month of summer) what else would you suggest me to add to application to increase her chances?

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
VVinspire17 said:
Hello,

Just have a questions in regards the chances of my friend's Visitor Visa application succeeding 2nd time, as the difference between this application and last time Successful 1st time she got Visa is:

1. My friend is now unemployed (she had a part time job when she was still enrolled in education)
2. And she finished University and got Master's degree just 1 month ago, so she is not enrolled anymore (which is normal considering the fact that she was just a student)

So now she is both unemployed and she is not studying. However she has been in Canada already once, for last summer holidays and I was financially supporting her. We knew each other from school years (as we were classmates), when I was still in my home country and we have all the photos to prove.

If I invite her again, other then already bought round trip tickets (with her coming back in the end of the August as the last month of summer) what else would you suggest me to add to application to increase her chances?

Thanks
You are not providing enough details. As is it sounds a little unlikely that she will get one. But you haven't shared her financial status, her nationality, your relationship, her travel history, etc. etc.

Difficult to help you like that.

VVinspire17

Mar 29, 2015
@ Jalex23 Thanks for help

She is fully financially depended on her parents,
she is Ukrainian,
we are friends (ex-classmates), she was never married, she is single
she traveled to 3 countries in total as a visitor (each country once): Czech Republic, Poland and Canada last summer
she does not own any business, no school loans etc
I am permanent resident, just to note.

She was never denied visa before, and I already bought her air tickets round trip with exact date when she returns (which was the same date she left Canada last time and returned home) but I am just not sure if she has a chance to get one now as things stand.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The fact she visited Canada before means there's a good chance she will be approved again. To increases her chances of approval, it would be good to show some kind of evidence that shows she has ties to Ukraine which will force her to return home at the end of the summer (e.g. she has a job waiting for her, she has been accepted into a PhD program and will be continuing her education, etc.).

VVinspire17

Mar 29, 2015
@scylla

Thanks for answer, I think this is exactly the answer I was searching for. If she would be able to find the job for September for example it would increase chances even more.

Thanks again kindly for you time!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
VVinspire17 said:
@ Jalex23 Thanks for help

She is fully financially depended on her parents,
she is Ukrainian,
we are friends (ex-classmates), she was never married, she is single
she traveled to 3 countries in total as a visitor (each country once): Czech Republic, Poland and Canada last summer
she does not own any business, no school loans etc
I am permanent resident, just to note.

She was never denied visa before, and I already bought her air tickets round trip with exact date when she returns (which was the same date she left Canada last time and returned home) but I am just not sure if she has a chance to get one now as things stand.
Having had a previous TRV of course raises the chances. The main problem is that she got the TRV when she was a student and now she isn't and she is unemployed. As Scylla recommended I would suggest the same.

Regardless of that, just getting a job and then leaving would be a bad sign (no good job that could be considered a tie would give vacation short after being hired), so she can get a job and show she is expected to start it as soon as she gets back or to have the job or wait at least 6 months before taking a leave.

VVinspire17

Mar 29, 2015
@Jalex23

So basing on what your wrote, there is absolutely no chance for her to get approved if she is unemployed after finishing University, is this correct? :(

Maybe you know by any chance if there are some sort of exceptions to this rule, have there ever been any situations to your knowledge when person who is unemployed was actually approved for TRV?