+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting fiancee from morocco

Canada_andy

May 15, 2019
Hello,
I like to invite my fiancee from Morocco.
The thing is, she has no income. No assets like realty. She is rigth now studying in Casablanca. We like yo marry in Canada. Because we are not allowed to marry in Morocco, she is a moslem and I am not. Therefore I like to invite her to Canada. After the wedding she will return to Morocco to finish her study. Question is how big are her chances to get a TRV? And what do we need to provide to proof that she will return. Is it better to wotk with a consultant in this case?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello,
I like to invite my fiancee from Morocco.
The thing is, she has no income. No assets like realty. She is rigth now studying in Casablanca. We like yo marry in Canada. Because we are not allowed to marry in Morocco, she is a moslem and I am not. Therefore I like to invite her to Canada. After the wedding she will return to Morocco to finish her study. Question is how big are her chances to get a TRV?
I think the chances are low. You see the keys to getting a visa approved are the following 1. valid purpose 2. strong ties (job, assets, family) 3. financial capacity to travel. If you lack one of the following, it might be a ground for refusal.

>> Your fiancee cannot just say to the visa officer that her purpose of going to Canada is to get married. It is always either to tour or visit family and friends? If she plays the "Tourism" reason, will her passport back it up. Meaning has she experienced being out of her home country. Because obviously it would be a red flag to decide to go to Canada for your first trip outside your country.
>> Do note that no travel history is also a ground for rejection.
>> Normally 4 months of bank statement will be required for the visa officer to check her cash flow. Are you going to put money on her account? It might be in questioned if you do. The fact that she is a student it is expected that she does not have means as she is not working.
>> Since she does not have money, there might be a chance if her parents will vouch and sponsor her trip. Do you think her parents will agree to think that you guys plan to get married without them knowing?

And what do we need to provide to proof that she will return.
Her certificate of enrollment. Some applicants who are minors and haven't finished their studies normally use this.
Is it better to work with a consultant in this case?
Why do you need to hire a consultant where in fact you already highlighted the issue why you think your fiancee cannot get a visa."The thing is, she has no income. No assets like realty."

Also, how old are you and your fiancee?

Last edited:

Canada_andy

May 15, 2019
The thing is she is moslem .Muslim dont date they get married. If I convert we could marry in Morocco. But what then. ? Waiting a year until she van come to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The thing is she is moslem .Muslim dont date they get married. If I convert we could marry in Morocco. But what then. ? Waiting a year until she van come to Canada?
Unfortunately she is unlikely to get a visa unless she has an extensive travel history, her own funds/property and a job. Have you actually met in person? Given your age difference you will already have a red flag if you a
ever apply for sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even if we are married?
Chances of refusal actually increase once you are married.

Agreed the of a TRV being approved are very low. You'll need to most likely get married in Morocco or another country where she can easily travel. Then you'll sponsor her inland which will take around 12 months. If you don't want to be separated, there is the option of moving to Morocco to live there until the processing of her application is completed.

However no harm applying for a TRV - who knows, you may get very lucky.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Knowing you have quite a lot of red flags I would encourage you to work on spending as much time together as possible. Between the age difference, difference in religion, etc. You have quite a few red flags in your profile.