+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inviting family for visit during application period

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
hello,
On Oct 31st Ircc recieved our package (we have yet to hear anything else) my husbands brother wants to come to visit from Jamaica so he would need a letter of invite from me. 2 things i worry about, can I invite him to come while Im waiting to sponsor my husband under the family class, and will his brothers chances at being granted a visitor visa be affected due to my husbands overstay of his work visa? his brother has an open unlimited visitor visa in the USA and has never overstayed as well as has spent time in europe and did not over stay there either. we are just trying to figure out what would give him the best chance at being successful in obtaining a visitor visa.....
PS his brother has ties to Jamaica(job car house and kids) and the USA(kids) but other than his brother living and 1 aunt who live here has no ties and is strictly just planning on visiting as he hasnt seen his brother in years. any assistance is appreciated thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly invite his brother to visit without impacting your husband's application.

Yes- the fact your husband has overstayed in Canada may impact his brother's application. To be approved, he will want to demonstrate very strong ties to his home country to demonstrate he has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. I would recommend he keep his trip to 2-3 weeks. Additionally, he should provide evidence of his US visitor visa. Lastly, I would recommend you spend time reading through the posts in the Visitors section of the forum to see advice on putting together a strong application.

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
You can certainly invite his brother to visit without impacting your husband's application.

Yes- the fact your husband has overstayed in Canada may impact his brother's application. To be approved, he will want to demonstrate very strong ties to his home country to demonstrate he has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. I would recommend he keep his trip to 2-3 weeks. Additionally, he should provide evidence of his US visitor visa. Lastly, I would recommend you spend time reading through the posts in the Visitors section of the forum to see advice on putting together a strong application.
thank you so much, i will definitely check out that section.
thanks again