Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi Guys

I'm planning to Invite a close Friend for 3 weeks this summer. I'm willing to let him stay in our house and cover food, travel & etc.
He's got a nice paying Job because of his position but not enough savings to show as proof of funds.
His home ties are his Family, Job, a small business and a house under his name.

Questions:
1) Based on your experience, what do you think of his chances getting approved?
2) I saw somewhere that if he tries to suddenly deposit money to his bank account then apply for TRV that it's bound to get rejected? Is that True?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys

I'm planning to Invite a close Friend for 3 weeks this summer. I'm willing to let him stay in our house and cover food, travel & etc.
He's got a nice paying Job because of his position but not enough savings to show as proof of funds.

Questions:
2) I saw somewhere that if he tries to suddenly deposit money to his bank account then apply for TRV that it's bound to get rejected? Is that True?

Thank you in advance
1. Depends. He needs to show ties with spouse/children and job letter with approved leave as reason to return. His funds should cover his visit but your invitation can state that he will stay with you. Does he have travel history to the US, UK, NZ or AUS? If so that will help.
2. yes it is a red flag, as he has to show where money came from and from whom.

Reactions: spidermark

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
1. Depends. He needs to show ties with spouse/children and job letter with approved leave as reason to return. His funds should cover his visit but your invitation can state that he will stay with you. Does he have travel history to the US, UK, NZ or AUS? If so that will help.
2. yes it is a red flag, as he has to show where money came from and from whom.
Thanks for the fast response Naturgrl.

1) I think he's okay proving the Ties with his Family and his Job. Unfortunately, this will be his first travel out of the country.
2) Will advise him to save more money then.

Follow up question,

Will there be any issue if Im the one paying the Application Fee at first since he doesnt have a credit card? Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the fast response Naturgrl.

1) I think he's okay proving the Ties with his Family and his Job. Unfortunately, this will be his first travel out of the country.
2) Will advise him to save more money then.

Follow up question,

Will there be any issue if Im the one paying the Application Fee at first since he doesnt have a credit card? Thanks!
1. If he has ties then that is good.
2. Having not only funds for a visit but not showing that using all funds to come to Canada is important. Since he has a spouse and maybe children, he needs to show that they have funds to live too.

Reactions: YVR123

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
1. If he has ties then that is good.
2. Having not only funds for a visit but not showing that using all funds to come to Canada is important. Since he has a spouse and maybe children, he needs to show that they have funds to live too.
He's actually just travelling alone. He is also single so he doesn't need to worry about additional funds for anyone.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
So he has no family ties. You said he had ties. Ties are spouse and children.
Can his parents and siblings be considered as Family ties? He's the one taking care of the parents.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is he taking care of his parents? 24/7 care, can’t take care of themselves? If so provide medical records and show who will care for them when he is away. If over 22, he is not a dependant. Sibling not a tie.
But applicant has a nice paying job (and small business). Cannot care parents 24/7 even in the residence country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But applicant has a nice paying job (and small business). Cannot care parents 24/7 even in the residence country.
OP said he is taking care of parents so assume person cares for them in some way. Depending on “care” it may not be a tie. If person has good paying job and business then should be able to build up his funds.

Reactions: steaky

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys

Questions:

Thank you in advance
Also dependent on the home country. For example if your friend is from Lebanon for example the chances of them returning home would be very low even With more savings. Approval depends on many things.

Reactions: spidermark