+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

invite received now heard something new

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
received my invitation last draw and just heard something new yesterday from a local working in a gas station.
he told me that him and his friends took the invitation and applied for open work permits with the invitation file number ?!?!?!
he did not really had too much info about since he didnt do it himself , they used a company based in edmonton

just wondering now if that is true and possible since my current tourist visa is about to run out again and i would have to renew it
ive been now without pay for nearly 1,5 years and a open work permit now for the time it would take to do all the final steps after the invite would be great since i would have no issue finding a job it was always just the issue that no one wanted to deal with the lmo

does anyone have more info about the possibilities of open work permit after you received the pr invitation ?

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are on a valid work permit currently then you can apply for BOWP (bridge open work permit) based on the ITA.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then you can not apply for it...
its basically for the folks who are already working in Canada on a valid work permit so that they can keep working until they have a decision on their PR application...

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
and the folks that have been working here for 10 years and got let go from there last job because the boss didnt wanna do the paperwork anymore go out with nothing ?

kinda hard to believe to be honest

it either is possible to get the open work permit with the invitation number or it is not

if you have a work permit that expires soon you just need to extend that and not apply for a open one

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp -

"To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months"

Among other requirements.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
DelPiero07 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp -

"To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months"

Among other requirements.
If I have an open work permit dependent on my husband's closed work permit (ICT) but no job....Can I still apply for BOWP as primary for me and my husband??

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
If I have an open work permit dependent on my husband's closed work permit (ICT) but no job....Can I still apply for BOWP as primary for me and my husband??
BOWP is only for Primary applicant...

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fossy said:
i do not , last 1,5 years with tourist visa
hey, you applied tourist inland right? what did you give as a reason for visit?

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
dks2323 said:
BOWP is only for Primary applicant...
Question 1: So will I get BOWP even if I don't have a job and my husband has a job but he will not because he is secondary?? And in that case he can't even stay back as dependent??

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fossy said:
BOWP and OWP are two different things.....

BOWP allows you to keep working if you are on a valid permit which is about to expire in 4 months....you need an "invitation to apply" for PR to apply for this in case you are applying for it based on ITA....
You can also apply for BOWP if you have a nomination from a province....

OWP is open work permit which one gets after graduating (there may be some other means too to get it which I do not know).......

There is a closed permit too which an employer applies for a prospective employee......but you can only work for that particular employer...

and the folks that have been working here for 10 years and got let go from there last job because the boss didnt wanna do the paperwork anymore go out with nothing ?

Well they have to leave the country...they are on a closed permit which does not allow them to work for any other employer....they can go for studies or on visitor visa but can not work.....

kinda hard to believe to be honest

it either is possible to get the open work permit with the invitation number or it is not

you can get the Bridge open work permit (BOWP) if you have invitation number.

if you have a work permit that expires soon you just need to extend that and not apply for a open one
You can not just extend the work permit...you need an employer to do the paper work for you to get it in case you do not have the invitation for PR or provincial nomination

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
Question 1: So will I get BOWP even if I don't have a job and my husband has a job but he will not because he is secondary?? And in that case he can't even stay back as dependent??
Yes you can get the BOWP provided you have currently have a valid work permit....go through the link that DelPiero07 posted above....
Does not matter if secondary applicant has job or not....he/she wont get the BOWP...they can stay here as a visitor.....

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
dks2323 said:
Yes you can get the BOWP provided you have currently have a valid work permit....go through the link that DelPiero07 posted above....
Does not matter if secondary applicant has job or not....he/she wont get the BOWP...they can stay here as a visitor.....
Thanks a lot!!