+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invite parent to visit grandson but PR on process

Nik041991

Nov 14, 2020
I gave birth to my son this year, and I want my mother to come here visit my son but the problem is we are on the last stage on process of our permanent residency (Decision made). Is it possible to invite her here even though we are still work permit holder? Or we still need to wait for our PR. We are planning to cover all her expenses coming here to visit the baby.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I gave birth to my son this year, and I want my mother to come here visit my son but the problem is we are on the last stage on process of our permanent residency (Decision made). Is it possible to invite her here even though we are still work permit holder? Or we still need to wait for our PR. We are planning to cover all her expenses coming here to visit the baby.
You can give her an invitation letter now. She will need to apply for a regular TRV and won't qualify for a super visa. Even if you are covering her expenses, she should still show her own funds and also ties to her home country.

Balwinder04

Nov 14, 2022
You can give her an invitation letter now. She will need to apply for a regular TRV and won't qualify for a super visa. Even if you are covering her expenses, she should still show her own funds and also ties to her home country.
Hi @scylla ,

I was earlier on visitor visa and recently got my PR approved followed by submitting declaration for inland spousal sponsorship and now waiting for eCOPR document on the portal and PR card.

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

My questions are:

Can I apply to invite my father to visit us in canada or only my husband (PR holder) can send invitation letter ? Based on my status.

If only I can invite my father to visit (family reunite), should I wait for PR card or can still go ahead to sponser my father for visitor visa? And explain in letter that my husband and me are inviting my father and my PR is approved (waiting for final eCOPR and PR card)

I don’t have a job yet and but my husband has full time permanent position with government. Can I use his documents to provide secondary financial assistance for the visitor? Although my father will be providing all bank statements, investments and property documents.

Would host children job status impacts visitor visa applications?

Thank you in advance for your time and valuable inputs.