+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation visa for my brother

miacanada

Jan 12, 2015
Hello all,

I am a Canadian PR since mid 2012 with a stable full-time job and a good annual income. I would really like to invite my brother from Iran on a tourist visa but since I don't have any good reason for his visit other than just to see him again after around 2 years now, I am not sure if I can do it. ... can anybody tell me what is the best way to apply for him ? Are the chances of him getting a visa higher if he applies for a student visa ?

I am ready to sponsor him in any ways needed for his one month stay here, but since he is a young boy(25 years old) from Iran, I was told chances of him getting a visa are very low ... How can I prove to CIC that he will return to Iran after his visa expires ? he is single and lives with my mother who has got a tourist visa to Canada expiring in a month. I was thinking to apply for my brother after my mother has returned to Iran and her visa is expired. My brother has a small business and a house in Iran, not sure if that is reason enough that he won't stay in Canada ?

Many thanks for your help - any information in this regard will be appreciated.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
miacanada said:
Hello all,

I am a Canadian PR since mid 2012 with a stable full-time job and a good annual income. I would really like to invite my brother from Iran on a tourist visa but since I don't have any good reason for his visit other than just to see him again after around 2 years now, I am not sure if I can do it. ... can anybody tell me what is the best way to apply for him ? Are the chances of him getting a visa higher if he applies for a student visa ?

I am ready to sponsor him in any ways needed for his one month stay here, but since he is a young boy(25 years old) from Iran, I was told chances of him getting a visa are very low ... How can I prove to CIC that he will return to Iran after his visa expires ? he is single and lives with my mother who has got a tourist visa to Canada expiring in a month. I was thinking to apply for my brother after my mother has returned to Iran and her visa is expired. My brother has a small business and a house in Iran, not sure if that is reason enough that he won't stay in Canada ?

Many thanks for your help - any information in this regard will be appreciated.
It is not up to you to prove anything, it is up to him to prove he has no reason to stay in Canada after his visit.

Buisness and a house are very good arguments to use in a TRV case. Visting you is a good purpose of visit.

Look into the forum for other fellow Iranian who have applied for TRV maybe that can help.

miacanada

Jan 12, 2015
Thank you Jarex for the great info. I will check the link for further info.
I was just wondering if TRV is the best kind of Visa to apply for him -

Cheers , :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
miacanada said:
Thank you Jarex for the great info. I will check the link for further info.
I was just wondering if TRV is the best kind of Visa to apply for him -

Cheers , :)
I think you don't have any other choices for a visit.

Happy to help :)