+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services email

jimchou

Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

My wife just received the Invitation to Pre-arrival services email. In the email, there is a link of a handbook that she should do before and after she comes to Canada

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf

I have a question regarding the handbook. On page 11, "Important things to do before and after you arrive in Canada", it says

Before you arrive in Canada

1. Collect and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

Common documents include:
• birth certificate
• passport
• marriage or divorce certificate; death certificate for a deceased spouse
• adoption records for adopted children
• educational diplomas and certificates; transcripts that list the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
• official vaccination records
• medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.,) and dental records
• driver’s licence and/or International Driving Permit (IDP)

When we submitted our application, we already submitted some of the documents. Will Canada Customs ask her to provide these documents when she arrives in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My wife just received the Invitation to Pre-arrival services email. In the email, there is a link of a handbook that she should do before and after she comes to Canada

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf

I have a question regarding the handbook. On page 11, "Important things to do before and after you arrive in Canada", it says

1. Collect and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

• birth certificate
• passport
• educational diplomas and certificates; transcripts that list the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
• medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.,) and dental records

When we submitted our application, we already submitted some of the documents. Will Canada Customs ask her to provide these documents when she arrives in Canada?
No. They are just giving you recommendations.

Reactions: jimchou

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi,

• birth certificate
• passport

The idea is you might need these important documents for other processes within Canada. (e.g. applying to a college, getting a drivers license....) It’s highly unlikely that they will be requested when you land if everything is in order.

Reactions: jimchou