+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to family friend

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Hello all,

I need your help in clarification of few questions of mine. I am in Canada on TRV with work permit. I want to invite my uncle(family friend) who is a medical practitioner and my guardian supporting my studies. Am I eligible to send him invitation letter for a brief visit to Canada? What would be the weightage of my letter and how many percent are the chances to get his application approved with my letter? In October 2014, my uncle applied for visitor visa in Pakistan with an invitation letter from a Canadian friend but got refusal.

What is the most appropriate way for him to apply with minimum chances of refusal?

Please guide me and share your experiences so that I can devise better strategy for him to make to Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Best always for all.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Aistah said:
I want to invite my uncle(family friend) who is a medical practitioner and my guardian supporting my studies. Am I eligible to send him invitation letter for a brief visit to Canada?
Yes

Aistah said:
What would be the weightage of my letter and how many percent are the chances to get his application approved with my letter? In October 2014, my uncle applied for visitor visa in Pakistan with an invitation letter from a Canadian friend but got refusal.
%? No one can tell.

The letter is a good "purpose of visit", that's it. All other documents and evidence have to come from him.

Aistah said:
What is the most appropriate way for him to apply with minimum chances of refusal?
The most appropriate way for him to apply with minimum chances of refusal is to file a strong application with strong ties to his home country, good financial standing, proven travel history to "hard to get countries" and a steady job.