Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with all of you. Firstly, I do hope I am posting in the correct thread. I do need some help/advise from you guys as I am getting a lot of conflicting statements. Bear with me on this slightly long post.

I am a Singaporean and have engaged a local agent (which is a big time regret - to be discussed on another time) to assist me in my PR application to Canada. I have received my ITA on 31st May and last day of submission for PR is on 30th Aug 2017.

So as usual, medical and local police clearance needs to be done and appointments have been booked. Now comes the problem.

1. Police Clearance - I was staying in Melbourne in 2008 for 6 months. I am perfectly aware that I am required to get a Australian Police Clearance done as this is a requirement. I am receiving conflicting statements on finger print impressions to be done as a requirement for Canada. The Australian Federal Police mention that I just need a Police Certificate (that does not have fingerprint impressions) and my agent says it is mandatory to have finger print impression done. I am pretty confused now whether I need to get this part done. In an event whereby I am required to get it done, I may need to fly into Melbourne (yes it will cost me a fortune now at such short notice period to book my tickets) to get it done - which will take another 1 months to process. Would anyone be able to advise me whether it is mandatory?

2. Bank Statement - I know Canada require me to show proof of funds in my bank statement. I have obtained a letter from my local bank showing the bank balance at the end of every month. However, my agent advise me that this is insufficient and IRCC requires me to have transactions for the whole month for the last 6 months. May I ask if this is mandatory, i.e. showing all transactions or just the balance each month.

Do appreciate all advises given here. As I still have about 2 months before the 'expiry date', it would be good to have all these prepared than rushing them at the last min.

Thanks all in advance.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
1. In addition to Police Clearance, you also need traffic clearance from Australia. This is very specific to Australia and I have seen rejections because of its non submission. I am not sure about the fingerprint scan. Will get back to you on this.
2. Yes, you do need to give six months bank statement. Make sure it is stamped by the bank. Online version wont work. It is required because they want to see any major debits or credits in your account.

Last edited:

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
1. In addition to Police Clearance, you also need traffic clearance from Australia. This is very specific to Australia and I have seen rejection because of its non submission.
2. Yes, you do need to give six months bank statement. Make sure it is stamped by the bank. Online version wont work. It is required because they want to see any major debits or credits in your account.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your assistance in the above 2 queries. Cheers mate!

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Just confirmed from a friend. You dont need fingerprint scan. Also, license history is required in case you have lived in Victoria

Reactions: kennerve

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with all of you. Firstly, I do hope I am posting in the correct thread. I do need some help/advise from you guys as I am getting a lot of conflicting statements. Bear with me on this slightly long post.

I am a Singaporean and have engaged a local agent (which is a big time regret - to be discussed on another time) to assist me in my PR application to Canada. I have received my ITA on 31st May and last day of submission for PR is on 30th Aug 2017.

So as usual, medical and local police clearance needs to be done and appointments have been booked. Now comes the problem.

1. Police Clearance - I was staying in Melbourne in 2008 for 6 months. I am perfectly aware that I am required to get a Australian Police Clearance done as this is a requirement. I am receiving conflicting statements on finger print impressions to be done as a requirement for Canada. The Australian Federal Police mention that I just need a Police Certificate (that does not have fingerprint impressions) and my agent says it is mandatory to have finger print impression done. I am pretty confused now whether I need to get this part done. In an event whereby I am required to get it done, I may need to fly into Melbourne (yes it will cost me a fortune now at such short notice period to book my tickets) to get it done - which will take another 1 months to process. Would anyone be able to advise me whether it is mandatory?

I don't see anything of that sort mentioned here -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

If you were a resident of Queensland or Victoria, there are special requirements.

2. Bank Statement - I know Canada require me to show proof of funds in my bank statement. I have obtained a letter from my local bank showing the bank balance at the end of every month. However, my agent advise me that this is insufficient and IRCC requires me to have transactions for the whole month for the last 6 months. May I ask if this is mandatory, i.e. showing all transactions or just the balance each month.

If your bank letter mentions the average balance of the past 6 months, then you don't need anything else. Only that letter will do. Otherwise, you can submit that letter along with 6 months bank statements.

Do appreciate all advises given here. As I still have about 2 months before the 'expiry date', it would be good to have all these prepared than rushing them at the last min.

Thanks all in advance.

Reactions: Sandeep198511

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1. In addition to Police Clearance, you also need traffic clearance from Australia. This is very specific to Australia and I have seen rejections because of its non submission. I am not sure about the fingerprint scan. Will get back to you on this.
Just confirmed from a friend. You dont need fingerprint scan. Also, license history is required in case you have lived in Victoria

Only residents of Queensland and Victoria need Traffic History / Full Licence History Search respectively. Residents from other parts do not need to submit any traffic history.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Hey Guys,

Yup. For traffic matters, agree and in-line with all of you with regards to Victoria/Queensland requiring full license search. The tricky part of this is when you are using VicRoads (Victoria side), you are supposed to have a license number. The question is how to do this search without the number.

@RAJ - Yes. That is why it puzzles me when it comes to the police clearance. Nothing indicated in IRCC website. In fact, Aussie police say just a certificate will do. Thanks @loveabhic for the confirmation from your friend.