+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to apply for PR under FSW

Rabz_13

Feb 26, 2013
Hi All,

I was invited to apply for Permanent Residency through the express entry under the FSW. Am I now eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit ?

Thanks,

shubhalwow

Mar 25, 2015
Hi, Congratulations for your ITA.
Can tell me in which mode and how did you get ITA from CIC?
If you receive ITA, why do you want to apply for work permit since you can apply directly for PR?

ADAMSTAN

Mar 4, 2015
Rabz_13 said:
Hi All,

I was invited to apply for Permanent Residency through the express entry under the FSW. Am I now eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit ?

Thanks,
What was your score ?

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
Rabz_13 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
how long it took to get the ITA

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Rabz_13 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Your intention to apply for open work permit should not be impacted. Both the applications will be treated differently.

shubhalwow

Mar 25, 2015
0NIKE0 said:
how long it took to get the ITA
It depends. There is no such time limit with you points. So far your points are enough for the round of invitation, you may get ITA immediately whether you apply today or 6 months back.

Rabz_13

Feb 26, 2013
I set up a profile for the express entry program on March 3, 2015. I received the invitation to apply on March 20th. My score was 484.

I was told I can apply for an open work permit once I receive an ITA for PR. Is this true ? The reason I require an OPW is because I currently have no status in Canada and can't wait another 6 months without working.

fliptraveler

Mar 24, 2015
Rabz_13 said:
I set up a profile for the express entry program on March 3, 2015. I received the invitation to apply on March 20th. My score was 484.

I was told I can apply for an open work permit once I receive an ITA for PR. Is this true ? The reason I require an OPW is because I currently have no status in Canada and can't wait another 6 months without working.
This might help you. I got it in CIC website.

You may be eligible to apply for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:

1. You are already working in Canada and your application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the following :
- Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class
- Live-in Caregiver Program
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- humanitarian and compassionate grounds
You may also be eligible if you are a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the above.
2. Your spouse is
- a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B ,
- a foreign student
3. You are in Canada under a federal-provincial/territorial immigration agreement, including an active pilot project, or you are a spouse or dependent child of someone who is in Canada under a temporary foreign worker annex of a federal-provincial/territorial immigration agreement with an applicable pilot project.
4. You have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months.
5. You are participating in
- the Canada World Youth Program; or
- International Experience Canada .
6. You have filed a claim for refugee protection in Canada and
- you are waiting for the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada to decide on your claim; and
- you cannot pay for your basic needs without working.
7. The RPD has rejected your refugee claim
- but the Government of Canada is not yet ready to remove you from the country and
- you cannot pay for your basic needs without working.
8. You are a family member of a foreign representative.
9. You are a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada.
10. You are a professional athlete allowed to enter Canada and you need to do other work to support yourself while playing for a Canadian team.

gecordon

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Rabz_13 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Not eligible yet, just when you have PR Eligible, that´s after CIC has reviewed your documents. Not with an ITA, that´s just an invitation to submit documents for review, at this point, only we as applicants claim that fulfill requirements, CIC doesn´t know for sure yet