+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

invitation letter

nikonian

Feb 6, 2012
hello, i am planning to apply for a visit visa. my sister is a PR card holder of Canada. she has sent me a letter addressed to the immigration officer mentioning our relationship, purpose of visit, bank balance etc which I will submit along with my application. I have also prepared a cover letter from my side to the immigration officer. My question is, do I need another letter addressed to me by my sister inviting me to visit her? Or, the letter addressed to the immigration Officer from my sister suffficient?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikonian said:
hello, i am planning to apply for a visit visa. my sister is a PR card holder of Canada. she has sent me a letter addressed to the immigration officer mentioning our relationship, purpose of visit, bank balance etc which I will submit along with my application. I have also prepared a cover letter from my side to the immigration officer. My question is, do I need another letter addressed to me by my sister inviting me to visit her? Or, the letter addressed to the immigration Officer from my sister suffficient?
You are planning to visit Canada as per the invitation of your sister. The invitation can be an e mail from her to you just inviting you being her beloved brother to visit her in Canada and spend some months with her. She could mention that you can stay with her and also she can mention some thing like shoulder your other expenses and will arrange a medical insurance... bla..bla..bla

A print of that e mail to you would be sufficient. You don't need to make another invitation.

nikonian

Feb 6, 2012
my sister has sent me a letter addressing to the immigration officer with her details and requesting to grant a visa for me which I will submit it along with the application. I am wondering if this letter would be called a invitation? Or, she should sent probably an e-mail to me mentioning that I can stay with her and also she mentioning some thing like shoulder my other expenses and will arrange a medical insurance etc. Or, is it wrong to send a letter addressing to the immigration officer?
thanks wilson for ur reply..............

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she should sent probably an e-mail to me mentioning that I can stay with her and also she mentioning some thing like shoulder my other expenses and will arrange a medical insurance etc

This is he correct invitation. Should be addressed to you and not to the Visa Officer

is it wrong to send a letter addressing to the immigration officer?

No need to address to the Imm. officer

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know about this email stuff.... it says on the canadian immigration page that the person inviting must send the letter via regular mail from Canada or fax it from Canada and that the envelope should also be included in the trv application.... I am currently in south africa and would love to find out what is actually necessary as I would like to invite my friend to join me in Canada and don't know whether an email or letter with a photo copy of my passport and birth certificate is sufficient?

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excuse me! Where does it says in the CIC webpage that the person inviting must send the letter via regular mail or fax from Canada?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
nikonian said:
my sister has sent me a letter addressing to the immigration officer with her details and requesting to grant a visa for me which I will submit it along with the application. I am wondering if this letter would be called a invitation? Or, she should sent probably an e-mail to me mentioning that I can stay with her and also she mentioning some thing like shoulder my other expenses and will arrange a medical insurance etc. Or, is it wrong to send a letter addressing to the immigration officer?
thanks wilson for ur reply..............
I don't think it's necessary to have your sister addressed the letter to the immigration officer. You are the one that's being invited and that's what they would want to look at. We sent the letter of invitation to my mother-in-law and father-in-law giving our personal information as well as theirs. We also got it notarized with the seal at the notary public before sending it to them and have it mailed separately to them to have the envelope with postage stamp sent to the immigration along with other papers and documents. The reasons they require this letter is to prove the relationship between the person applying for the super visa and the ones inviting them to Canada. Also, the immigration officers would like to see the clause stating that your sister solely takes responsible for all your needs and expenses while you stay in Canada. I am not sure about the email stuff too. For as long as you have that letter from your sister, even if it's addressed to the immigration officer, should still give you that chance of having the super visa. Keep praying :) and wish you all the best! Keep the faith drop the doubts! God bless! ;D

Humayun000

Feb 13, 2012
Guys do u know that if someone do overstay on trv then is it anybad effect on that person who give the invitation letter?please reply me I really need to know that
Thanks

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humayun000

no it does not affect the person who sent the invitation letter.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
nikonian said:
Hey did you end up applying yet?

nikonian

Feb 6, 2012
i haven't applied yet. i am preparing all the documents i have to submit and am also waiting for my sister's invitation which she has already posted. its on the way. i will let you know once i apply.