+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter - Parents

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Dear Fellow Members

Need your Guidance again.

Let me explain the situation please :
My Brother in Law is a Canadian PR. He got his PR some 2 months back. His wife is still in Canada and he has traveled back to Wind up the things. I am here in Canada on WP Valid till Jan , 2021.

Question : For my Mother-In-Law who should be sending the invitation letter which will add more weight. The lawyers he has consulted with him are of the opinion that since he is back home, he CAN NOT. I am of the view the invitation letter from PR holder adds more weight.
Question 2 : Are we eligible to send Invitation Letter on WP. I was reading somewhere and it said that only a PR /Canadian Citizen can send the invite.

Regards
PA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Fellow Members

Need your Guidance again.

Let me explain the situation please :
My Brother in Law is a Canadian PR. He got his PR some 2 months back. His wife is still in Canada and he has traveled back to Wind up the things. I am here in Canada on WP Valid till Jan , 2021.

Question : For my Mother-In-Law who should be sending the invitation letter which will add more weight. The lawyers he has consulted with him are of the opinion that since he is back home, he CAN NOT. I am of the view the invitation letter from PR holder adds more weight.
Question 2 : Are we eligible to send Invitation Letter on WP. I was reading somewhere and it said that only a PR /Canadian Citizen can send the invite.

Regards
PA
A PR who has just moved to Canada doesn’t add much weight since there will be concerns about the parent trying to move to Canada. If he is not in Canada he shouldn’t be inviting her. Assume he isn’t working in Canada as well. In general TRV will be based on her ties and finances.

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
A PR who has just moved to Canada doesn’t add much weight since there will be concerns about the parent trying to move to Canada. If he is not in Canada he shouldn’t be inviting her. Assume he isn’t working in Canada as well. In general TRV will be based on her ties and finances.
Thanks. The PR is not in Canada as he has gone back to submit the Visa process for his mother. His wife is here who is working but , yeah wont have much history though.

Can the WP person send an Invite?

Thanks and Regards
Pavitra

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks. The PR is not in Canada as he has gone back to submit the Visa process for his mother. His wife is here who is working but , yeah wont have much history though.

Thanks and Regards
Pavitra
You must include this information about yourself:

complete name,
date of birth,
address and telephone number in Canada,
job title,
whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
details of your family, such as names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa),
and the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa).

So, I would assume that you cant write an invitation letter if you're on a work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks and Regards
Pavitra
Yes the person with the WP can invite them. The invitation is only a minor portion of the application. What is most important is the strong ties to their home country and their liquid savings.

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Yes the person with the WP can invite them. The invitation is only a minor portion of the application. What is most important is the strong ties to their home country and their liquid savings.
Thanks for the response ...I will share the invitation then. Also can u please advise if the invitation is to be notarised