+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for visit visa

MahDey

Dec 26, 2017
Hi everybody
my wife and I are applying for visit visa separately.
6 months ago, my sister in law sent my wife an invitation letter and my wife applied for a visitor visa and got it. now, after 6 months, I want to apply but some people told me not to upload an invitation letter from my sister in law as the officer may think that my wife and I planned to go to Canada forever ....
could u pls help me?
Thanks

MahDey

Dec 26, 2017
They are going to know that your wife got a visa anyway since she is in their system.
thank you so much
So do you think I should get an invitation from my sister in law?
moreover, an agent told me to make the invitation letter emotional, for example: my sister should thank CIC that they issued my wife's visa and state (my sister in law) that as my wife likes to travel with her husband (me) so they ask CIC to accept my application too, and or she (my sister in law) should say that she and her husband love us (my wife and I) so they want to be with us and ....

Do you think it's ok to say sth like above???
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you so much
So do you think I should get an invitation from my sister in law?
moreover, an agent told me to make the invitation letter emotional, for example: my sister should thank CIC that they issued my wife's visa and state (my sister in law) that as my wife likes to travel with her husband (me) so they ask CIC to accept my application too, and or she (my sister in law) should say that she and her husband love us (my wife and I) so they want to be with us and ....

Do you think it's ok to say sth like above???
Thank you
Has your wife travelled? Normally you have 6 month to use the visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
moreover, an agent told me to make the invitation letter emotional, for example: my sister should thank CIC that they issued my wife's visa and state (my sister in law) that as my wife likes to travel with her husband (me) so they ask CIC to accept my application too, and or she (my sister in law) should say that she and her husband love us (my wife and I) so they want to be with us
Ouchhhhh. Seriously ouchhhhh.

IRCC visa officers are not driven to tears by emotional letters. These letters won't tug at their heartstrings to make them issue visas.

Ditch your agent. You need to prove you have a genuine purpose for a short visit + strong ties to return to your home country + you have the finances to pay for your visit (even if your sister-in-law and her husband love you and your wife too much to pay for your visit)