+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation for ceremony

TotaAyo

Nov 10, 2022
Is the invitation be sent out by email or by mail?
I wrote in the application that my child will attend the ceremony BUT what if the ceremony is at week day while my child at school?

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
I wrote in the application that my child will attend the ceremony BUT what if the ceremony is at week day while my child at school?
Invitation will be via email. If you haven’t received it, you should email them to your visa office that you haven’t received the invite - also tell them that you’ve checked junk/spam/promotions folders.

Lastly, most like ceremony will be on weekday, so if the child is at school, s/he can’t take a day off? I mean, it’s the most important thing for many which happens once in a lifetime for most.

Reactions: TotaAyo

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
The ceremony is always on a week day. Any children under 14 are not required to attend but it is a good idea for the parents to have all the documents for them on hand.

On the day of the ceremony parents can let the IRCC official know that the child is in school and hence couldn't attend and then let the official check the documents for the child.

Good luck!

TotaAyo

Nov 10, 2022
Invitation will be via email. If you haven’t received it, you should email them to your visa office that you haven’t received the invite - also tell them that you’ve checked junk/spam/promotions folders.

Lastly, most like ceremony will be on weekday, so if the child is at school, s/he can’t take a day off? I mean, it’s the most important thing for many which happens once in a lifetime for most.
Thanks a lot
I will let him off school that day

TotaAyo

Nov 10, 2022
The ceremony is always on a week day. Any children under 14 are not required to attend but it is a good idea for the parents to have all the documents for them on hand.

On the day of the ceremony parents can let the IRCC official know that the child is in school and hence couldn't attend and then let the official check the documents for the child.

Good luck!
Do you mean the ceremony will be on person? I thought it's virtual

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Do you mean the ceremony will be on person? I thought it's virtual
Ours was virtual and we had to hold up our ids to the camera on our laptop so the official could confirm our names and identities.

But some applicants have been invited to in-person ceremonies in the recent past.

Good luck!

TotaAyo

Nov 10, 2022
Ours was virtual and we had to hold up our ids to the camera on our laptop so the official could confirm our names and identities.

But some applicants have been invited to in-person ceremonies in the recent past.

Good luck!
Thanks for reply
May I ask if it is normal to not receive the letter yet? 3 days after updating tracker to ceremony scheduled for a certain date?