+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

investigation question

kepi

Aug 8, 2014
Does anyone no what immagration will do.if my husband is getting investigated for not staying in guidlines for conditioal permanent recident.meaning he left me after only 6 months after he got pr.and he is getting investigated.
my question is he has dedt with me and not paying me.will immagration take this into consideration

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

The sponsored spouse must cohabit in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada.

If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse’s status could be revoked.

The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012—the day that the amendments came into force.
If the relationship breaks down, the sponsor remains financially responsible until the end of the three-year undertaking period, irrespective of the cause of the breakdown.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
kepi said:
Does anyone no what immagration will do.if my husband is getting investigated for not staying in guidlines for conditioal permanent recident.meaning he left me after only 6 months after he got pr.and he is getting investigated.
my question is he has dedt with me and not paying me.will immagration take this into consideration
Civil matters, including domestic relations, are NOT relevant to an investigation into whether a PR has met or breached a condition applicable to the PR.

Exceptions:

-- fact of failure to continue cohabitating for the required period is investigated for purpose of determining whether the PR has failed to meet the required condition

-- allegations of abuse may be investigated if PR raises defense that there was domestic abuse

Debts in particular are totally irrelevant. As between domestic partners (or arising out of a domestic relationship) such matters are governed by Provincial domestic relations law. Best to see a lawyer who handles divorces. In any event though, debts between partners would have NO relevance to CIC's investigation into his PR status.