+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invest in property/business to become PR

A&S

Apr 11, 2024
Hi all - my work permit is expiring on 31st May 2024 based on an already extended work permit given to me via a public policy by the government. My wife is planning to start a masters program in fall of this year. I have 4 queries: -

1) Is there any way for me to somehow extend my work permit again other than applying for an extension online which means I'll be on maintained/implied status until an outcome for my extension comes?
2) When my wife has her study permit in hand, can we go to the border and flagpole to get my work permit based on her student visa or can we only apply online for one?
3) Is there any province in the PNP program that we can move to without a valid job offer and apply for PR if we have 1 year of Canadian work experience (regardless of NOC teer)?
4) Is there any way of getting PR by investing in a business or property? Neither of us have any experience in running or owning a business.

Would appreciate any feedback possible.

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all - my work permit is expiring on 31st May 2024 based on an already extended work permit given to me via a public policy by the government. My wife is planning to start a masters program in fall of this year. I have 4 queries: -

1) Is there any way for me to somehow extend my work permit again other than applying for an extension online which means I'll be on maintained/implied status until an outcome for my extension comes?
2) When my wife has her study permit in hand, can we go to the border and flagpole to get my work permit based on her student visa or can we only apply online for one?
3) Is there any province in the PNP program that we can move to without a valid job offer and apply for PR if we have 1 year of Canadian work experience (regardless of NOC teer)?
4) Is there any way of getting PR by investing in a business or property? Neither of us have any experience in running or owning a business.

Would appreciate any feedback possible.

Thank you in advance!
1) Have your employer obtain an approved LMIA. If you apply for an extension without qualifying for one, you'll end up in Canada out of status.
2) I don't know the answer to this one.
3) No. Every program has some sort of requirements.
4) Inveting in a property gives you no paths to PR. Starting or buying a business can. However you generally need to have a net worth of $500K+ and be willing to invest $200K+ in the business. You must also have work experience in running / owning a business. So this is a non-starter for you.