+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invalid Receipt for Biometrics, and visa for accompanying family members

Almur

Jul 25, 2018
Dear all,
I applied online for my study permit last week. It was done after I got CAQ letter because I have applied to study in Quebec, where initially the sytem suggested Cairo, Egypt as VAC because Iam applying from Sudan. After two days of my study permit application submission I received email from ANKARAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca stating my application number and asking me to make payment of CAD 85 for my biometrics or to provide the proof of payment..
So, I did the payment of CAD 170 using the IRCC payment system. I paid that 170 because my wife and daughter will accompany me as I stated in the family form; I thought the officer has done a mistake by only quoting the 85 instead of 170. Then I attched the receipt and stated that I paid the CAD 170 because Iam applying for my family as well. Then after few days the officer replied me saying that the receipt I provided is invalid, he said it could be due to transaction failure, and he asked me to check with the bank. He also informed me that he couldn't get my family application numbers in their database, and mentined that anyway I need to pay CAD 235( CAD 100 for visiting visa and CAD 150 for study visa).
Now Iam a bit worried of:
1. Why I get the email from canadian embasy in turkey, if that is a true email from them, when I chose Cairo as a nearest center?, Is that email genuine from them?.
2. Do I need to submit seperate visa applications (one for my wife and one for my daughter) for them?.

3. If the answer for 2 is yes then how to make sure that my application and family applications go together, especially there is no VAC in my country and we don't want to travel twice for the biometrics and so on..
4. What worried me most is that the message from the ankaraimmigration@international.gc.ca was not encrypted.

I will be very thankfull for you help

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
3. If the answer for 2 is yes then how to make sure that my application and family applications go together, especially there is no VAC in my country and we don't want to travel twice for the biometrics and so on..
4. What worried me most is that the message from the ankaraimmigration@international.gc.ca was not encrypted.
You're overthinking. Visa applications (especially if applied online) can be processed by any visa office in the IRCC global network. So, it's perfectly normal if you received responses from the Ankara visa office.

Not sure why you expect an email response from IRCC to be encrypted

Reactions: Almur

basim refat

Apr 16, 2018
Dear all,
I applied online for my study permit last week. It was done after I got CAQ letter because I have applied to study in Quebec, where initially the sytem suggested Cairo, Egypt as VAC because Iam applying from Sudan. After two days of my study permit application submission I received email from ANKARAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca stating my application number and asking me to make payment of CAD 85 for my biometrics or to provide the proof of payment..
So, I did the payment of CAD 170 using the IRCC payment system. I paid that 170 because my wife and daughter will accompany me as I stated in the family form; I thought the officer has done a mistake by only quoting the 85 instead of 170. Then I attched the receipt and stated that I paid the CAD 170 because Iam applying for my family as well. Then after few days the officer replied me saying that the receipt I provided is invalid, he said it could be due to transaction failure, and he asked me to check with the bank. He also informed me that he couldn't get my family application numbers in their database, and mentined that anyway I need to pay CAD 235( CAD 100 for visiting visa and CAD 150 for study visa).
Now Iam a bit worried of:
1. Why I get the email from canadian embasy in turkey, if that is a true email from them, when I chose Cairo as a nearest center?, Is that email genuine from them?.
2. Do I need to submit seperate visa applications (one for my wife and one for my daughter) for them?.

I will be very thankfull for you help
Hello
I have the same situation, I applied through CIC website for wife, and today we got rejection. We are from Egypt, and my wife has a valid study permit, she applied from Egypt, She got email from ankaraimmigration@international.gc.ca. I dont know if that a mistake. We submitted the right application, but they told us that we used the wrong application and asked us to pay 50 CAD