+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

invalid OHIP

taniashee

Nov 13, 2015
Hi
I was out of country for 8 months. I didnt know that before leaving country i have to inform service canada of my absense n in order to keep my ohip health card active I cant stay more then 212 days out of 1 year. So
I was not aware that my ohip health card is no more valid because i stayed 8 months outside canada and now since i m back to canada, i already had medical services using my invalid ohip. What do I need to do now? Should I inform them? Would I need to pay the medical expenses which I had already used on my invalid ohip based on the fact I have low income.?

Please suggest.
Thank you

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
taniashee said:
Hi
I was out of country for 8 months. I didnt know that before leaving country i have to inform service canada of my absense n in order to keep my ohip health card active I cant stay more then 212 days out of 1 year. So
I was not aware that my ohip health card is no more valid because i stayed 8 months outside canada and now since i m back to canada, i already had medical services using my invalid ohip. What do I need to do now? Should I inform them? Would I need to pay the medical expenses which I had already used on my invalid ohip based on the fact I have low income.?

Please suggest.
Thank you