+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company Transfer

KapsLog

Sep 17, 2020
HI there

I am new to this forum and I am interested in the Intra Transfer Company Route. I happen to stumble upon couple your post in this forum.

I have researched a lot online, speaking to lawyers etc. Everyone has suggested that in ICT one can apply for PR after one year.

Request if one can kindly assist when can we actually apply for PR under ICT?
Is it possible to apply after 4 months under ICT in EE program for PR?
Does Canada Services check after one year for renewal of work permit of what we stated in our business proposal?
What if we did not achieve the expected as per the business plan? Will we get extension of work permit?

Request if you can kindly revert back to some of these queries as even after paid consultations consultants don't tell the right thing.

Warm Regards,
Kaps

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't apply for PR through an ICT work permit; rather, if you accumulate at least one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class of Express Entry.

To extend your work permit, you need to meet all of the requirements to do so.

KapsLog

Sep 17, 2020
Thanks primaprime for your response. I came across a consultant who has is saying that he can apply after 4 months for PR but not letting us know how until we ay them their retainer fees.
Moreover lets say if we are unable to fulfil the requirements as per business plan will we get work permit extension. I reckon we get one year permit initially.
Then how do we apply for PR even after one year experience if services canada doesn't extend our permit.

Any idea about this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI there

I am new to this forum and I am interested in the Intra Transfer Company Route. I happen to stumble upon couple your post in this forum.

I have researched a lot online, speaking to lawyers etc. Everyone has suggested that in ICT one can apply for PR after one year.

Request if one can kindly assist when can we actually apply for PR under ICT?
Is it possible to apply after 4 months under ICT in EE program for PR?
Does Canada Services check after one year for renewal of work permit of what we stated in our business proposal?
What if we did not achieve the expected as per the business plan? Will we get extension of work permit?

Request if you can kindly revert back to some of these queries as even after paid consultations consultants don't tell the right thing.

Warm Regards,
Kaps
You won't get any points for the ICT until you have worked for a full year in Canada.

As said above, you don't "apply for PR under ICT" - you have to qualify through EE. You can certainly apply after 4 months of being in Canada but you won't get any points for having a job offer or any points for having Canadian work experience.

If you don't achieve the expected business plan then I don't see how you will extend the work permit or be able to claim points for having a job offer to help you get PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks primaprime for your response. I came across a consultant who has is saying that he can apply after 4 months for PR but not letting us know how until we ay them their retainer fees.
Moreover lets say if we are unable to fulfil the requirements as per business plan will we get work permit extension. I reckon we get one year permit initially.
Then how do we apply for PR even after one year experience if services canada doesn't extend our permit.

Any idea about this.
I would stay away from that consultant.

In terms of how you apply for PR, you have to qualify through EE and have enough points to be selected or through one of the PNP programs. There are really no short cuts or easy solutions here.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019

Any idea about this.
You definitely shouldn't be paying anyone for knowledge and information that can be found online for free on the government's website.

gentjack

Apr 13, 2020
You have to have at least 1-year work experience to apply PR. There is no other option unless you met MEC and have enough points for federal skilled worker class.

I recommend you apply for 3-year ICT WP initially. Then you can use that LMIA exempt job offer for PR application. If you choose this way you will go with CEC.