+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company transfer

NJG

Jan 6, 2020
Hello, I am looking for some clarification on the following. Any suggestions/advice over this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks, in advance for taking the time to help me!

I am working with TCS, an organisation based out of India which happens to have an office in Canda as well. As, I am in the process of getting my PR will I be able to use the INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER provision in the Express Entry program to gain additional 50 points, provided if my employer agrees to approve my transfer? I have read about it online but still, I am not quite clear with the concept. Kindly assist.

Also, Regarding the LMIA part, I observed that it is not required if we are taking the ICT channel!

If nothing turns out to be in my favour, what is the best way to get into Canada as a Permanent resident ASAP?

Many thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am looking for some clarification on the following. Any suggestions/advice over this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks, in advance for taking the time to help me!

I am working with TCS, an organisation based out of India which happens to have an office in Canda as well. As, I am in the process of getting my PR will I be able to use the INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER provision in the Express Entry program to gain additional 50 points, provided if my employer agrees to approve my transfer? I have read about it online but still, I am not quite clear with the concept. Kindly assist.

Also, Regarding the LMIA part, I observed that it is not required if we are taking the ICT channel!

If nothing turns out to be in my favour, what is the best way to get into Canada as a Permanent resident ASAP?

Many thanks in Advance.
No - having an approved ICT does not immediately give you the 50 points for having a job offer. To qualify for the 50 points, you must move to Canada on the ICT and you must work in Canada for a full year before you can qualify for the job offer points.

The best way to get PR asap is to achieve a score of 470+ under Express Entry.

Reactions: novascotia27

NJG

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Yet when I tried checking CRS score in the portal. There were 2 distinct questions
1. How much of experience you have in Canada ?
2. Do you have a valid job offer?

In both the cases there was no explicit mentioning that it has to be in Canada. This actually got me thinking. Please advice.

kviswanath48

Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Yet when I tried checking CRS score in the portal. There were 2 distinct questions
1. How much of experience you have in Canada ?
2. Do you have a valid job offer?

In both the cases there was no explicit mentioning that it has to be in Canada. This actually got me thinking. Please advice.
Both of those questions are in reference to Canada. Here is my situation/understanding..

1) My CRS score is 430
2) I am discussing with my employer to file an ICT - they were positive and will file mostly this month
3) I will go to Canada on ICT - work there for one year
4) Once I get one year experience in Canada - I will reach out to my employer for additional one year offer extended - (this is where my confusion starts, how do I claim additional points for working in Canada on ICT for one year, what all is needed, what are the exact steps)
5) If I get the additional 50 points for one year work some how, then my score will then go to 480
6) Now god knows if 480 will even be a valid CRS score in 2021, it may go up to 500+ by then

ishan1789

Mar 1, 2020
Please Help:

I have applied for Canada PR : AOR NOV 2019. My file has been approved as per GCMS notes but I haven't received any confirmation from IRCC and the process is taking forever because of COVID.

I am planning to apply for ICT in coming weeks as there are work opportunities in CANADA within my current org.. I wish to know if this will adversely impact my current PR application? I don't want to create any adverse situation for myself in terms dual intention etc.

Any guidance is highly appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please Help:

I have applied for Canada PR : AOR NOV 2019. My file has been approved as per GCMS notes but I haven't received any confirmation from IRCC and the process is taking forever because of COVID.

I am planning to apply for ICT in coming weeks as there are work opportunities in CANADA within my current org.. I wish to know if this will adversely impact my current PR application? I don't want to create any adverse situation for myself in terms dual intention etc.

No issues.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Please Help:

You need to select "Yes" to this question --> "Whether you applied/approved for permanent residence ?when you complete your apply to Come to Canada wizard. Other than that everything is fine.

Good Luck!!