+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra company transfer work permit from USA to Canada

Sathyavardhan

May 19, 2021
Hello greetings,
I am Sathya, I have applied for ICT WP from USA to Canada in July 2020 but was rejected due to a mistake in the process. Biometrics and medical were already taken and submitted at this point. We have applied again on January 15th 2021 for ICT WP NOC code 2252 (I work for a company in USA which has a branch in Canada) and on Jan 18th I got confirmation email saying applicationreceived. Since then my application status shows in process. I have submitted 2 web forms last month and got response as Application is in process. I have applied for CAIPS and I got a response on May 5th approx, but it says medical passed, biometrics were also valid, application sent to Vienna due to work load etc, but didn't receive any useful info that could provide me an estimate about my application. My visa in USA expires in August 2021. Approx in April 20's 2021, application status says "we are reviewing you eligibility requirements" and it didn't change since then.

I would like to request you guys to please let me know if anyone is in the same boat or received any response which would help me to predict my application timeline etc. Any info would really help me to take a decision.
Thanks,
Sathya

Last edited:

karansuri2000

Apr 14, 2021
Hello greetings,
I am Sathya, I have applied for ICT WP from USA to Canada in July 2020 but was rejected due to a mistake in the process. Biometrics and medical were already taken and submitted at this point. We have applied again on January 15th 2021 for ICT WP NOC code 2252 (I work for a company in USA which has a branch in Canada) and on Jan 18th I got confirmation email saying applicationreceived. Since then my application status shows in process. I have submitted 2 web forms last month and got response as Application is in process. I have applied for CAIPS and I got a response on May 5th approx, but it says medical passed, biometrics were also valid, application sent to Vienna due to work load etc, but didn't receive any useful info that could provide me an estimate about my application. My visa in USA expires in August 2021. Approx in April 20's 2021, application status says "we are reviewing you eligibility requirements" and it didn't change since then.

I would like to request you guys to please let me know if anyone is in the same boat or received any response which would help me to predict my application timeline etc. Any info would really help me to take a decision.
Thanks,
Sathya
no updates yet. Waiting since 15th April after biometric. I saw the COVID had a second wave in Canada just a week back, you can google it.
Strongly feel this being the reason for everybody's delay. Haven't heard from a single candidate getting approved in this time frame ( March 25th, 2021 - May 21 st 2021 ) ...

if anyone got approved in the time frame, please let us know. The processing time from US for WP is still 3 weeks according to the official website ( so inaccurate) :(

Sathyavardhan

May 19, 2021
no updates yet. Waiting since 15th April after biometric. I saw the COVID had a second wave in Canada just a week back, you can google it.
Strongly feel this being the reason for everybody's delay. Haven't heard from a single candidate getting approved in this time frame ( March 25th, 2021 - May 21 st 2021 ) ...

if anyone got approved in the time frame, please let us know. The processing time from US for WP is still 3 weeks according to the official website ( so inaccurate) :(
Thank you for the response Karan, yes the processing time shown in the website is not accurate anymore due to COVID. Hope we get a response sooner.

Takita

May 12, 2021
There are folks who got approved in 4 weeks in April. ICT WP applied under GSS from US.

I guess it depends on case to case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello greetings,

Thanks,
Sathya
Priority is for skills that are in demand in Canada and given that Canada still has many unemployed ICT and WPs are less of a priority unless they fall under GSS.

Sathyavardhan

May 19, 2021
Priority is for skills that are in demand in Canada and given that Canada still has many unemployed ICT and WPs are less of a priority unless they fall under GSS.
Hi Canuk, thanks for responding. So what are your thoughts on this, will my WP take longer to be approved and do you have any idea on how long? Or will it be denied?