Intra Company Transfer and Express Entry

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krishnasg said:
I don't know which one you get the fastest...

Lets say if you are currently employed , how can the employer go and apply for LIMA.. For PNP. I can see Ontario and BC stopped accepting applications.

So as of date , Express Entry is complicated for anyone employed in Canada without LIMA or PNP. Kind of strange..
Thanks for your information. I'm at 452. I am not so optimistic with the current trend of the draws. I guess it's time to get the points for spouse.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got an ITA without LMIA. My score was 466. The last 2 draws have gone as low as 453, and, by definition, anyone lower than 600 does not have LMIA or PNP.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
It's not so complicated because you can get ITA without LMIA, the points dropped below 600 in March.
I'm on ICT permit too and I got ITA without LMIA.
Trend is going up. So I need to get some more points. Standing at 452.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I also got an ITA without LMIA. My score was 466. The last 2 draws have gone as low as 453, and, by definition, anyone lower than 600 does not have LMIA or PNP.
Planning to get 20+ from my wife. Guess then it could be easier. Or a draw tomorrow with 1600+ ITAs could save me the money and trouble.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "trend" you speak of is one slight rise! Otherwise, each draw went down consistently. To save your apparently raw nerves, you might wait for two draws to go in the same direction before speaking of a "trend"! And yes, the points for your wife might help.

I agree with many people here that those above 450 are extremely likely to get invitations in the course of this year, and those between 400-450 are in a good position as well. Below 400, I guess, will depend on how many are to be processed through EE this year, but I would be more worried with a score in that range.

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
The CIC is moving towards younger highly educated and skilled workforce. Which will do wonders for Canada in creation of employment and quality workforce. I am glad in a way where i don't have to worry about if i am going to get or not with 350+ I am sure i wont ... at least that's a big relief :)...

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on ICT and currently my score is 250 with out ECA for masters.
I think my score should cross for 400,One i get the ECA result.

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
The “Express Entry” Program also discriminates against skilled foreign workers who have come to Canada under the Intra-Company transfer mechanism. Again the requirement of a positive LMIA for a company to hire one of its own employees does not make much sense and would be seen negatively by multi-national employers. The same principle would apply to skilled professionals who come to legally work in Canada under the NAFTA.

It is my opinion that combining the In-Canada Experience Immigration program with the “Express Entry” Immigration program is a serious mistake and one that effectively undermines what was one of the best ways to recruit skilled workers to Canada. The fact that these individuals had Canadian educational experience and also proven success at being employed in Canada for as long as three years, or even more, made them excellent prospects as new Immigrants to Canada.

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
raka1 said:
The “Express Entry” Program also discriminates against skilled foreign workers who have come to Canada under the Intra-Company transfer mechanism. Again the requirement of a positive LMIA for a company to hire one of its own employees does not make much sense and would be seen negatively by multi-national employers. The same principle would apply to skilled professionals who come to legally work in Canada under the NAFTA.

It is my opinion that combining the In-Canada Experience Immigration program with the “Express Entry” Immigration program is a serious mistake and one that effectively undermines what was one of the best ways to recruit skilled workers to Canada. The fact that these individuals had Canadian educational experience and also proven success at being employed in Canada for as long as three years, or even more, made them excellent prospects as new Immigrants to Canada.
Very nicely put , i hope CIC changes this. This is causing way too much stress and uncertainly and i sincerely hope CIC addresses this concern.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Krishnasg said:
Very nicely put , i hope CIC changes this. This is causing way too much stress and uncertainly and i sincerely hope CIC addresses this concern.
1. Look at this way. ICT knowledge workers are exempt from LMIA because they a specialized knowledge of systems of the company they work for. If these skills were easily transferable to another company in Canada, then their knowledge wouldn't be that specialized and should require a LMIA to work for their original company.

Mltan

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
I'm on the same boat. really stuck, came in as ICT last Nov 2014, then EE comes into effect and LMIA-exempt folks are now in some ways required to get LMIA to ensure ITA. As written by some, they get points in the 450+ zone even without LMIA (good for them), but for folks like me who have been working for a while and has been contributing to the company ... only get around 300+ --- in effect it almost tells me the chances to get an ITA is very very very unlikely.

saw an article... http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/5534/Being-selected-takes-planning-and-strategizing.html

and this was my exact thought (an excerpt from the article says...)

Take for example a situation where there is an employee who has arrived in Canada as an intra-company transferee and has company knowledge and expertise that is valuable to the company and needed in Canada. This person’s overall points may be low without an LMIA, which can be unsettling to the employee. However, the government has already determined that intra-company transferees bring a significant benefit to the Canadian economy, which is why they have been exempted from the requirement of needing an LMIA to get a work permit!

To then effectively require an LMIA calls into question the significant benefit that has already been deemed to exist. For many companies, especially smaller Canadian entities, engaging in this type of recruitment can be extremely complicated and requires an enormous financial commitment, as well as resources and time — which seem unnecessary.

2 other letters i chanced upon which also questioned these moves by EE are:

http://www.cba.org/CBA/submissions/pdf/14-77-eng.pdf

http://www.cba.org/CBA/submissions/pdf/14-77-02-eng.pdf

i hope these really get considered and amend the EE rules appropriately.