+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra company and spouse visa

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen working in USA on OPT. Since my H1B dint get through the lottery this year, my company has decided to send me to Canada (Intra employer transfer). Also, I am getting in November 2015. Would it be possible for me to take my fiance with me as I return to Canada? If so, what visa would I have to apply? And, how many days would it take to process?

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Intra company and spouse visa

Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen working in USA on OPT. Since my H1B dint get through the lottery this year, my company has decided to send me to Canada (Intra employer transfer). Also, I am getting married in November 2015. My questions are as follows:
1. )Would it be possible for me to take my fiance with me as I come to Canada?
2. )If so, what visa would I have to apply? If he applies for a TRV/Visitor visa, how long does it take to process.And, how many days would he be granted to stay in Canada? Can he look for jobs or work with a visitor visa?
3.) Can he apply for an open work permit (even if I am an intra transfer employee)
4.) Where do I have to get my visa work done?

Please elaborate.

Thank you..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Intra company and spouse visa

Hi

sthomas9345 said:
Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen working in USA on OPT. Since my H1B dint get through the lottery this year, my company has decided to send me to Canada (Intra employer transfer). Also, I am getting married in November 2015. My questions are as follows:
1. )Would it be possible for me to take my fiance with me as I come to Canada?
2. )If so, what visa would I have to apply? If he applies for a TRV/Visitor visa, how long does it take to process.And, how many days would he be granted to stay in Canada? Can he look for jobs or work with a visitor visa?
3.) Can he apply for an open work permit (even if I am an intra transfer employee)
4.) Where do I have to get my visa work done?

Please elaborate.

Thank you..
1. No, as you are not married, nor in a Common/law relationship for a year, he would have to apply for TRV as a visitor on his own.
2. See #1/ The posted processing time is 28 days in New York and 41 days in Los Angeles. He can look for jobs, but can't work, he would require a Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC after advertising for 4 weeks, paying the $1K fee and proven no Canadians/PR are available or qualified for the position, only then can he apply for a work permit from an overseas office.
3. No, as you are neither married nor common/law.
4. You have to apply to the VAC in New York, posted processing time is 2 months.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I meant to ask if it was possible to take my spouse with me. Sorry that I added fiance.. Can you please help me with the answer though.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I meant to ask if it was possible to take my spouse with me. Sorry that I added fiance.. Can you please help me with the answer though.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi,

I am currently on an open work permit ,dependent on my spouse. my work permit is ending in October 2015 and i have applied for an extension in april this year. today i got a notification saying i need to submit an additional document which was missing. apparently for an open work permit extension they needed an extra 100 dollars payment and they wanted the payment receipt. i had the original payment receipt with the bar code and also a temporary receipt which i took a screen shot of when i made the payment , instead of uploading the original one , i uploaded the temporary receipt by mistake and now i dont have an option to upload another one on top of that.

it also says that if i dont upload a valid document by 15th july 2015, the work permit extension will be refused.

Please advice.

Regards,
Savio

gvnspavan1979

Jul 7, 2015
Applied for Intra Company Transfer online on May 20th for myself and TRV for my Wife and open study permit for my son all on May 20th online. I am presently staying in USA on Intra transfer to the same company. My sons open study permit got approved on July 7th. I didnt see any change on my WP and my Wife TRV.

Does any one applied during the time frame.

Thanks in advance.