+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview

msamiullah

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Folks,

Recently I got invite for citizenship test, date for which is early October. I submitted by application with travel history upto Oct 2017. I have traveled quite a bit since Oct 2017. Am I supposed to update anything (updated Presence calculator for example) and bring to interview ?

Second,I have few stamps on my passport which are dated earlier than the date I got my PR in canada. Dates are in english but the other details i.e stamp type (exit/entry) and name of the country are in Arabic, do I still need to get these translated ?

Lastly, do they match each date into from passport to presence calculator paper is it on sample basis ?

thanks

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Folks,

Recently I got invite for citizenship test, date for which is early October. I submitted by application with travel history upto Oct 2017. I have traveled quite a bit since Oct 2017. Am I supposed to update anything (updated Presence calculator for example) and bring to interview ?

Second,I have few stamps on my passport which are dated earlier than the date I got my PR in canada. Dates are in english but the other details i.e stamp type (exit/entry) and name of the country are in Arabic, do I still need to get these translated ?

Lastly, do they match each date into from passport to presence calculator paper is it on sample basis ?

thanks
1. Your calculations are 'locked' as of the date signed. You don't need to update anything occurred later.
2. Translate 'only' the stamps occurring within the eligibility period. As long as the date is clear - your IO will 'get it' that those are beyond the scope of checks.
3. Usually yes, they cross check 'every' stamp within the eligibility period. However, in my case the IO just checked 3-4 and returned back my passports. But I think it is rare, probably my preparedness helped (pls check my Interview Report >here<).

Reactions: msamiullah

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Although travel after submitting application is generally not much of interest to ircc officer, an entry to any high risk countries such as Syria can cause more background check (for obvious reasons).

msamiullah

Star Member
May 31, 2013
1. Your calculations are 'locked' as of the date signed. You don't need to update anything occurred later.
2. Translate 'only' the stamps occurring within the eligibility period. As long as the date is clear - your IO will 'get it' that those are beyond the scope of checks.
3. Usually yes, they cross check 'every' stamp within the eligibility period. However, in my case the IO just checked 3-4 and returned back my passports. But I think it is rare, probably my preparedness helped (pls check my Interview Report >here<).
One more question, I received the test invitation letter through email, will this letter come through mail as well ? If it doesnt do I need to follow up with IRCC or I can just take the print of the emailed letter ?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
One more question, I received the test invitation letter through email, will this letter come through mail as well ? If it doesnt do I need to follow up with IRCC or I can just take the print of the emailed letter ?
They probably only sent an email. Print it and have it with you. No need to reach IRCC for this.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
As @Seym correctly opined you'll NOT receive a snail-mail if it was already emailed to you. Take a printout of it and hand-it-over to the IRCC official during your test/interview.