+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview with a designated incubator for the SUV

jis0000

May 2, 2021
Hello,

I am a young entrepreneur in Asia and planning to move to Canada through the Start-Up Visa program. I am running an IT marketing company and since I think the country that I am doing business in is not suitable for my business due to cultural and political reasons, I am planning to permanently move my business to Canada or to North America.

I have contacted many incubators for the past few months and fortunately, one of them got interested in my business after going through my IR deck and other resources, and we are going to have an interview within a few weeks.
Because I have very little business experience, although I am very confident and proud of my company, I would like to know what having an online interview means with an incubator means. I know it would vary greatly by each incubator, but I just want to know what it generally means to have an interview in this kind of situation.

What does it mean to have an online interview with an incubator? Also, can I expect to receive the letter of support anytime soon after the interview (which I think is very unlikely), or is it just simply a routine thing that they do?

I heard that the COVID-19 situation in Canada is not so good. I hope you have all have a safe and healthy day.

Thank you all in advance.

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello,

I am a young entrepreneur in Asia and planning to move to Canada through the Start-Up Visa program. I am running an IT marketing company and since I think the country that I am doing business in is not suitable for my business due to cultural and political reasons, I am planning to permanently move my business to Canada or to North America.

I have contacted many incubators for the past few months and fortunately, one of them got interested in my business after going through my IR deck and other resources, and we are going to have an interview within a few weeks.
Because I have very little business experience, although I am very confident and proud of my company, I would like to know what having an online interview means with an incubator means. I know it would vary greatly by each incubator, but I just want to know what it generally means to have an interview in this kind of situation.

What does it mean to have an online interview with an incubator? Also, can I expect to receive the letter of support anytime soon after the interview (which I think is very unlikely), or is it just simply a routine thing that they do?

I heard that the COVID-19 situation in Canada is not so good. I hope you have all have a safe and healthy day.

Thank you all in advance.
Have you taken the interview yet? From my experience, interviews will help them understand more about our proposal. So I guess it is important and necessary. After the interview, they might request more documents that relate to the startup.

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Have you taken the interview yet? From my experience, interviews will help them understand more about our proposal. So I guess it is important and necessary. After the interview, they might request more documents that relate to the startup.
Yes they may be interested in your existing company details, your proposed Buisness details like staffing, revenue generating streams, ideas. They may suggest you to join their program if they feels before issuing you LOS or so on