+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Scheduled with a WEEK's notice!? Please help

JenFromBC

Jan 10, 2015
Hello,

We got an email yesterday that we are scheduled for an interview next week in Vancouver! I'm excited that the process is moving along, but then I started searching this forum, and my anxiety levels have jumped up.
I don't have time right now to read through the entire interview thread and other threads, but I will be looking at them tomorrow. A couple questions for right now, if anyone can help:

- It says in our email that if we are unable to attend, we are eligible to wait for the next itinerant services trip to our area. To get to Vancouver next week will cost over $1100 just in flights, plus time off work, hotels, etc.
The next itinerant services is in Prince George (still a 5 hour drive) in October- but does anyone know if we would be guaranteed a spot? His work permit expires in December, I don't want to risk not getting in for an interview in P.G. I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone at Immigration to ask.

- Does it look bad if we delay the interview?

- Is the interview really a red-flag that there's an issue with your application?

Thanks for any insight!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
JenFromBC said:
Hello,

We got an email yesterday that we are scheduled for an interview next week in Vancouver! I'm excited that the process is moving along, but then I started searching this forum, and my anxiety levels have jumped up.
I don't have time right now to read through the entire interview thread and other threads, but I will be looking at them tomorrow. A couple questions for right now, if anyone can help:

- It says in our email that if we are unable to attend, we are eligible to wait for the next itinerant services trip to our area. To get to Vancouver next week will cost over $1100 just in flights, plus time off work, hotels, etc.
The next itinerant services is in Prince George (still a 5 hour drive) in October- but does anyone know if we would be guaranteed a spot? His work permit expires in December, I don't want to risk not getting in for an interview in P.G. I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone at Immigration to ask.

- Does it look bad if we delay the interview?

- Is the interview really a red-flag that there's an issue with your application?

Thanks for any insight!
I will suggest not to delay....while ur wp is expiring

justanerd

Aug 12, 2016
What kind of interview is this? If it's the final landing interview then you can easily just reply to the email enlisted in the notice PDF and reschedule. People have done that before. No need to stress out, they only ask 3 questions (still living together? Committed any crime? Expecting new child?) and your husband will be a PR in 10 mins.

I'm not sure about relationship interview....

JenFromBC

Jan 10, 2015
This is the first line in the PDF they sent:

We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview

has been scheduled for: (Date)

Does that mean it's not a relationship interview? My heart skipped a beat when I read what you posted about it maybe being the final step, and not a major issue!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JenFromBC said:
This is the first line in the PDF they sent:

We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview

has been scheduled for: (Date)

Does that mean it's not a relationship interview? My heart skipped a beat when I read what you posted about it maybe being the final step, and not a major issue!!!!
No, it's not a relationship interview. It is your landing appointment.

It's up to you guys whether to delay. It won't be seen as a red flag or anything bad. That's why they offered you the option to reschedule.