+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview questions

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Can anybody help in below questions, I have test due very soon.

- I have change my employer after mu applications. Is it necessary to mention that in interview. Do I take any documents for that.
- I have complete my degree. Should I need to mention this at the interview.
- There is type error in my wife address "postal code". Is that worth to mention there.
- How old passports do we need to carry with ourselves. I have one from 2008 and other is currently active. Do I take both.

Thanks

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Passion2015 said:

- I have change my employer after mu applications. Is it necessary to mention that in interview. Do I take any documents for that.
- There is type error in my wife address "postal code". Is that worth to mention there.
- How old passports do we need to carry with ourselves. I have one from 2008 and other is currently active. Do I take both.

Thanks
1. only if you are asked.
2. only if to impress him/her
3. yes.
4. no, only passports for the relevant period.
good luck

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
To clarify all the passports relevant to the 4 yrs prior to the dt of application.
Questions regarding work will come up. You might have the chance to say that you graduated. And yes, you should get the typo fixed..?

janoo

May 16, 2014
You can change the postal code on line address correct...

Nothing to worry whatever they ask you reply do not say anything from your side

they are interested to ensure that you are present in Canada for required number

of days... that what they are interested...

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
So we do not need take to original passport to the interview which is more the 4 years prior to the application...

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
So we do not need take to original passport to the interview which is more the 4 years prior to the application...
When did you get your current passport?
If you got it more than 4 years before the application (or 6, if you applied under the new rules),
then that's the only one you need. It doesn't matter when the previous one was issued,
but it does matter when the current one was.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Passion2015 said:
Just take both with you to make things easier. They do ask to bring all current and expired passports for the past 4 years. My wife has 4 passports since 1997, 3 expired and 1 active they took copies of all her passports during interview. So you never know, just take them both, if they ask you for the expired one you have it there with you.

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Passion2015 said:

Don't think so. But it does not hurt to take the document in case they ask. But I doubt they will

Again, don't think so. They might ask during the interview, they asked me what my job is and how I make a living

You can change it online, it takes 2 weeks about for them to change. You have another possibility to change it on the test invite if you already got that I assume. But only change it there after asking. I would definitely change it online so it is in the system

They want to see all passport of the relevant period. During application, you had to send in copies of the passports of the last 4 (or 6 under new rule I assume) years, and they want to go check in the passport if you have additional stamps that were done after you sent in the copies. Also they check the stamps, when you left and came back. You need to bring copies of the biometrical page again of all the relevant passports, it's written on the list of what to bring to the test

Thanks

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rakiura74 said:
they want to go check in the passport if you have additional stamps that were done after you sent in the copies.
Maybe under the new rules. But under the old rules they don't care about "new stamps", they just want to verify the originals.

Rakiura74 said:
You need to bring copies of the biometrical page again of all the relevant passports, it's written on the list of what to bring to the test
No it isn't. You don't need any copies, just the originals.