Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
We were interviewed by Mexico VO in the Dominican Republic for my husband’s PR.
They ask all sorts of questions to him about why we marry fast, who attended the wedding and who didnt and why
What i like to watch on tv or movies, what music i like, what was our last fight about, if he knew anything about my child hood etc

Then they ask me about 4-5 questions as well.
We did good and was approved

Reactions: Drapath88

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Also the background check never shown as started the whole time so dont worry about that
Its a 12mths wait unless the are very busy i seen a few cases taking 15 mths!
But ours took 10 mths with Mexico VO

Reactions: june2018

mbn2018

Sep 29, 2018
I don't understand what does this mean? i have to wait a whole year for 50% of the application to be completed?
I should give an update to this so as not to discourage others. A couple weeks after hearing by phone from the MP's office that my application would take another year I went into the office directly to speak with them and discovered that

A) they had miscommunicated - it would not take another year necessarily, rather it would be in processing for longer than the standard year (I already knew that)

B) they hadn't spoken to anyone in the VO, just some office in Ottawa

C) the info they had about my file was suspiciously similar to that which was in the Gckey portal

In short, I had no reason to believe that my MP had any more idea about the true state of my application than I did.

Went home, 2 hours later got PPR.

Total time waiting from application receipt to PPR was 375 days.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I should give an update to this so as not to discourage others. A couple weeks after hearing by phone from the MP's office that my application would take another year I went into the office directly to speak with them and discovered that

A) they had miscommunicated - it would not take another year necessarily, rather it would be in processing for longer than the standard year (I already knew that)

B) they hadn't spoken to anyone in the VO, just some office in Ottawa

C) the info they had about my file was suspiciously similar to that which was in the Gckey portal

In short, I had no reason to believe that my MP had any more idea about the true state of my application than I did.

Went home, 2 hours later got PPR.

Total time waiting from application receipt to PPR was 375 days.
I emailed my lawyer about my application that was sent in August 31, 2018, It should have been sent into Mississauga within a week. So now its November 9, 2018 and I still havnt even received a file number. I know a Venezuelan guy that got his file number within a month back in 2016 NOV to 2017AUG application. I know Venezuela isn't doing so good right now but application didn't even leave the country yet, How does it take so long just for file number.

mbn2018

Sep 29, 2018
I emailed my lawyer about my application that was sent in August 31, 2018, It should have been sent into Mississauga within a week. So now its November 9, 2018 and I still havnt even received a file number. I know a Venezuelan guy that got his file number within a month back in 2016 NOV to 2017AUG application. I know Venezuela isn't doing so good right now but application didn't even leave the country yet, How does it take so long just for file number.
I don't know for sure because I filed last year, but I understand that since moving the intake office to Nova Scotia it's taking a lot longer to start the process. I had a file number about 6 weeks after filing.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I don't know for sure because I filed last year, but I understand that since moving the intake office to Nova Scotia it's taking a lot longer to start the process. I had a file number about 6 weeks after filing.
lol everywhere i read it took about a month to get file number. i'm coming 2months2weeks lol ridiculous. I also live in Ottawa and went to the firm in Toronto to handle this.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
On average, AOR is received 6-8 weeks after the application is received, but it could be sooner or later than that. I think usually people are advised it's all normal unless more than three months pass, at which point there might be some sort of an issue. There have been cases of whole apps being processed without people ever receiving the AOR and having to chase down their UCI and app number through support and the like. It's rare though, so I'd just give it a few more weeks.

I know Venezuela isn't doing so good right now but application didn't even leave the country yet
What do you mean by this? Has the application been delivered to Mississauga or not? If it was couriered, did you receive confirmation of delivery?

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
lol everywhere i read it took about a month to get file number. i'm coming 2months2weeks lol ridiculous. I also live in Ottawa and went to the firm in Toronto to handle this.
I'm not sure where your PA country is - but my husband (PA) is in Cuba

Our application was received by CPC-SYDNEY on July 31st 2018

We have heard NOTHING so far.. no e-mails, nothing

I feel like the Caribbean / South American countries may have a longer process than other countries :(

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
On average, AOR is received 6-8 weeks after the application is received, but it could be sooner or later than that. I think usually people are advised it's all normal unless more than three months pass, at which point there might be some sort of an issue. There have been cases of whole apps being processed without people ever receiving the AOR and having to chase down their UCI and app number through support and the like. It's rare though, so I'd just give it a few more weeks.

I really hope they didn't just skip my file number and started the process without me knowing lol I just need to work and work and forget about this for now.

What do you mean by this? Has the application been delivered to Mississauga or not? If it was couriered, did you receive confirmation of delivery?
My Lawyer from Toronto delivered the package, so from my understanding, it should have gone to Mississauga. After, I think it goes to Mexico correct? I am sponsoring my wife, she is from Venezuela.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
My Lawyer from Toronto delivered the package, so from my understanding, it should have gone to Mississauga. After, I think it goes to Mexico correct? I am sponsoring my wife, she is from Venezuela.
Outland applications must be submitted to Sydney, NS since June 11, and the most recent wait times for AOR are between 90-100 days. Hope your lawyer made you file the latest version of the forms since he did not submit them to latest appointed processing Center.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I'm not sure where your PA country is - but my husband (PA) is in Cuba

Our application was received by CPC-SYDNEY on July 31st 2018

We have heard NOTHING so far.. no e-mails, nothing

I feel like the Caribbean / South American countries may have a longer process than other countries :(
My wife is from Venezuela, and I live in Ottawa. Application submitted on August 31, 2018 from Toronto, so should be in Mississauga in an hour by car lol or within a week. really hard to say. i do know Venezuelan, it took him 9 to 10 months to complete and he's in toronto now working for CIBC too. and what surrprised me is that his parents doesn't know about the marriage cause of personal reasons. He also got interview too in Caracas cause either canada post or immigration lost the application in transit and that still took him less than a year.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Outland applications must be submitted to Sydney, NS since June 11, and the most recent wait times for AOR are between 90-100 days. Hope your lawyer made you file the latest version of the forms since he did not submit them to latest appointed processing Center.
Ohhhhhhh reallly? it went to Sydney, NS? Didn't even know that. Yes they made me file the most updated versions of the forms like three times. I had to wait for my wife birth certificate forever. She told me she just got it right before we met in Peru in October 2018, It took like 6 months to receive it.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Ohhhhhhh reallly? it went to Sydney, NS? Didn't even know that. Yes they made me file the most updated versions of the forms like three times. I had to wait for my wife birth certificate forever. She told me she just got it right before we met in Peru in October 2018, It took like 6 months to receive it.
and yes my application is Outland

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Yeah, it was taking 6-8 weeks for AOR1 at Mississauga Canada office but now is taking 90-100 days for AOR1 at new Sydney Canada office for everyone.