+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Letters/CAIPS notes

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
I'm wondering how other interview letters have been worded. We have received a request for an interview in less than four weeks, and I don't think we will be able to get CAIPS notes in time, as it takes a week for any mail to get to Canada, and a week to return, plus the four week minimum, when ordering CAIPS. Any suggestions on how to find out why we need an interview? I've been reading past topics here, and it seems that if all they ask for is your passport, then perhaps there is nothing wrong...I'm just wondering if they would ask for additional information to be provided if they were in doubt of the genuineness. Anyone already have their interview, and can tell me how specific they get in their letters?

Also, I have been reading that you can order CAIPS by fax as well, but how does that work, as we would have to pay the 5.00 fee, is this still a possibility for us? Or just for people who don't need to pay? Would it do us any good to call the Visa Office and ask for information from them? Would it hurt? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there is an interview for a spousal petition, it is almost guaranteed to be because they doubt the genuineness of the relationship. Therefore, be prepared to be questioned about that, and bring any evidence you may have that was not included with the application.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
If called for an interview there is a flag raised in your file that they want to clear up (ie age difference, length of relationship, diff backgrounds.. list goes on). My spouse also has an interview at the end of the month. I had about 4 wks notice. I called the ATIP division to see wht could be done. They are trying to process in time for onterview but no guarantees. You can fax your app but they wont process it without payment. So Im not sure if you can pay by credit card but you could ask.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a Canadian address you can get the information for free.

nylalisa said:
If called for an interview there is a flag raised in your file that they want to clear up (ie age difference, length of relationship, diff backgrounds.. list goes on). My spouse also has an interview at the end of the month. I had about 4 wks notice. I called the ATIP division to see wht could be done. They are trying to process in time for onterview but no guarantees. You can fax your app but they wont process it without payment. So Im not sure if you can pay by credit card but you could ask.

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
The person who is the applicant has to be requesting the info for it to be free. If its a family member in Canada it's 5$. I requested on behalf of my spouse as his rep, and had to pay. My understanding is everyone now pays for this service. Im not sure though. Havent seen anyone who didnt pay yet.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are three situations in which you are exempt from paying:

1. You are a Canadian citizen.
2. You are a Canadian PR.
3. You are in Canada.

If there is a Canadian address, I don't think they would demand some sort of proof of your actual presence, but who knows?

nylalisa said:
The person who is the applicant has to be requesting the info for it to be free. If its a family member in Canada it's 5$. I requested on behalf of my spouse as his rep, and had to pay. My understanding is everyone now pays for this service. Im not sure though. Havent seen anyone who didnt pay yet.

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
Thank you very much for your answers. I was under the understanding that you have to pay, if the applicant is not in Canada, no matter who asks for the info. Noone has mentioned anything about calling the VO for answers. I guess this means that calling the VO would solve nothing?