+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Invite

Catzzz

Jan 25, 2018
If IRCC isn't satisfied with your proofs, they will request more, not call you for an interview.
Thank you for your prompt reply! This is a bit out of topic as well but do you see a lot of inland common law sponsorship getting rejected as well over the years that you have been contributing to this forum?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your prompt reply! This is a bit out of topic as well but do you see a lot of inland common law sponsorship getting rejected as well over the years that you have been contributing to this forum?
None.

Prabh_Bassi

May 22, 2018
Hii...m new here...i got interview call after ppr.. Even i snd my passport then receive interview letter..wht can b the reason..how immigration can do this?​

M

mikeymyke

Hii...m new here...i got interview call after ppr.. Even i snd my passport then receive interview letter..wht can b the reason..how immigration can do this?​
Its likely they dont believe your marriage is genuine and so are calling for an interview. Passport requests dont mean anything

Marilyn13

Jul 8, 2018
I have never heard of requesting interview after PPR. I have heard of people having decision made on account and then getting an interview request a few weeks later. I also heard of people getting prearrival letters and then having interview requests a few months later. There are interview threads on here if you want to look up questions they might ask.

Here is one of them:
/www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-interview-questions.157678/

Reactions: Gavin83

Prabh_Bassi

May 22, 2018
I got approval call then ppr ..n one month later interview call..our marriage is genuine n we hve a baby boy 9 mnths old ...embassy hve all original docs...

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
This is what's in the letter.

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.

If you cannot attend this interview, please e-mail us at: WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100

Please note:

•  Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.

•  If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity.

•  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

•  If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior to your interview.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your PR card: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Please bring the following original documents to your interview:

 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity.

 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to the appointment date.

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.

 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please make sure to print and bring the receipt and not the "payment confirmation form" page.

Please note:

If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan & e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your updates and document(s) immediately. Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.

 Marital status
Include copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate etc.

 Passport
Include copy of the biographical details page

 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID with your current address

I don't think I have time to ask for GCMS notes as we only have 1 week and I'm not sure if they'll have detailed information there. We are still living together until now for more than 2 years already so I'm not sure if they doubt the relationship or something but we did apply right after we satisfied the 1 year requirement.
Hi! I just read your post here. Today, I received an email that contains exactly the same. May I ask how did your interview go? Did it take long? Is there something to worry about if we receive this kind of email? Please advise. I have an interview scheduled this coming November 28,2018. I am asked to bring exactly the same documents like yours.

Last edited:

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hi, it’s just a simple landing interview to become a permanent resident. They just ask a couple questions about your relationship and background.

Reactions: schweiz19

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Hi, it’s just a simple landing interview to become a permanent resident. They just ask a couple questions about your relationship and background.
Oh no! I took a closer look with the requirements they asked you. We don’t have the same. I mean some are.
Mine looks like this:

Dear applicant:
In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence in Canada, you and the following person are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Date/Time-******

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:
 This Invitation letter
 Valid passports, identity or travel documents; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other
documents establishing your identity
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being
processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications
attached to this letter to the photographer
 Original driver’s license and Alberta Health Care card from both
 Original marriage certificate and translation if required
 Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been
previously married)
 Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from
any other relationship
 Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary
and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your
bookkeeper or accountant)
 Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 6 months. If either of you are on
social assistance, pay statement from social services
 Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2016 and 2017, including
T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the Canada Revenue Agency.
 Lease or Rental contract of all residences you and your spouse resided since January 2015
 Letter of confirmation of residence from management of current rental building. The letter must be on company letterhead
 Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement, etc.) if you own your home
 Copy of phone/electricity/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 12 months
 Original auto insurance statement for 2016 and 2017 from both you and your spouse
 Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including
information of when the account was opened. The most recent 12 months statements of
your joint bank accounts or other investment account
 Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance
(statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
 Family photo album
 If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please
bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor
Record)
 Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1

Those documents that they asked us to bring are exactly the same documents we submitted last year. How come they are not asking for the latest ones? How come they need me to pay for the RFPF?

Do you think this is a bad sign?