+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in Moscow VO - should I bring cellphone?

Nov 12, 2019
Hello. I received a letter from VO in Moscow with interview invitation. I read on this forum many times that during interview officers search cellphones for facebook messages and other communication. But my letter from VO says "Applicants are also discouraged from bringing mobile phones or other electronic devices, such as Blackberries, iPods, PDAs and remote-entry automobile keys, to the Embassy. Holders of such items will be delayed for searches and examination." and "The Embassy does not accept proof of relationship in electronic format".
Can some suggest if I should bring my phone to interview if they want to search it or should I leave it at home? Maybe this depends on country requirements or other VO have different requirements. Maybe some attended interview in Moscow, please suggest.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. I received a letter from VO in Moscow with interview invitation. I read on this forum many times that during interview officers search cellphones for facebook messages and other communication. But my letter from VO says "Applicants are also discouraged from bringing mobile phones or other electronic devices, such as Blackberries, iPods, PDAs and remote-entry automobile keys, to the Embassy. Holders of such items will be delayed for searches and examination." and "The Embassy does not accept proof of relationship in electronic format".
Can some suggest if I should bring my phone to interview if they want to search it or should I leave it at home? Maybe this depends on country requirements or other VO have different requirements. Maybe some attended interview in Moscow, please suggest.
Replied in warsaw trhead. You can take your phone with you but will have to leave it in locker at entrance, turned off. You could print some emails or chats if you wish to have with you.