+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in Edmonton

Lilly_LL

Jun 15, 2017
Hi all,

My final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at July. Based on my understanding, it is always not good to have an interview with CIC office... My husband and I met at university, dated for couple years, and have been married for about 2 years. We did not have a formal wedding, which I think it is the main reason leads us to an interview. Can anyone advise how should we prepare for the interview? And is it most likely bad thing will happen? Thank you guys.

C

Classic Chucks

I believe this would be your landing interview, not a relationship interview.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi all,

My final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at July. Based on my understanding, it is always not good to have an interview with CIC office... My husband and I met at university, dated for couple years, and have been married for about 2 years. We did not have a formal wedding, which I think it is the main reason leads us to an interview. Can anyone advise how should we prepare for the interview? And is it most likely bad thing will happen? Thank you guys.
That just sounds like your landing interview. Did you apply inland? If yes, everybody must land at a local CIC office. Did the sponsor receive a sponsor approval (SA) letter? The principal applicant an approval in principle (AIP)? And a letter stating that a decision was made (DM):
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application". If you got all those, the DM letter being the most important, you really have absolutely nothing to worry.

If it was for a relationship interview, they would request you to bring documents to prove your relationship and that would happen before AIP or DM. The landing interview is very simple and is not a "test". They ask to the principal applicant: did you committed any crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world, do you have any dependents that are not already listed in the application? To the sponsor: you will have an undertaking engagement of 36 months starting today, do you still want to sponsor your wife/husband?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi all,

congratulations you have a landing interview did they tell you to bring to passport size photo passport rrpf recipit

Lilly_LL

Jun 15, 2017
I believe this would be your landing interview, not a relationship interview.[/QUOTE
Thank you for the reply Classic Chucks! I just searched "landing interview" on this Forums, and it is. :D I feel much better now.

It is werid. I did not mail out my passport and do not have a PR Visa on it yet.

C

Classic Chucks

Thank you for the reply Classic Chucks! I just searched "landing interview" on this Forums, and it is. :D I feel much better now.

It is werid. I did not mail out my passport and do not have a PR Visa on it yet.
You do not need to mail your passport, only outland applicants mail theirs. Bring your passport and other docs required upon having your landing interview. Congratulations.

Lilly_LL

Jun 15, 2017
That just sounds like your landing interview. Did you apply inland? If yes, everybody must land at a local CIC office. Did the sponsor receive a sponsor approval (SA) letter? The principal applicant an approval in principle (AIP)? And a letter stating that a decision was made (DM):
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application". If you got all those, the DM letter being the most important, you really have absolutely nothing to worry.

If it was for a relationship interview, they would request you to bring documents to prove your relationship and that would happen before AIP or DM. The landing interview is very simple and is not a "test". They ask to the principal applicant: did you committed any crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world, do you have any dependents that are not already listed in the application? To the sponsor: you will have an undertaking engagement of 36 months starting today, do you still want to sponsor your wife/husband?
Hi sylvain1, I applied inland, but did not get the letter of DM yet. About 3 weeks ago, I got a request form CIC asked me to mail them our joint bank accounts, joint utility bills and so on. There is no update on my CIC portal either.

Lilly_LL

Jun 15, 2017
congratulations you have a landing interview did they tell you to bring to passport size photo passport rrpf recipit
Thank you carolbb23. Yes they do. I was silly to think it will be a relationship interview, and they will need my photos only if I pass it. Lol.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Thank you carolbb23. Yes they do. I was silly to think it will be a relationship interview, and they will need my photos only if I pass it. Lol.
you welcome your journey will be done after landing and you can relax

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
That is nice of you to stay in this forum to help others out. My journey will eventually take 16 months. It is slow... but just in time for me to back university on September with much cheaper tuition fees. :D
And move on with life

Reactions: Lilly_LL

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
I got the same and got my PR. Congratulations!!!!!

Hi all,