Interview in bangladesh for spouse

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hello,

What triggers interview? Seems like SGVO requires interviews for most applicants from Bangladesh.

Reactions: aasraful

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
App submitted Jan 27, 2020
AOR Feb 12th, 2020
BIOMETRICs Feb 18th, 2020
AOR 2 March 12th, 2020

No more updates

What about you?
Applied on : 23 may 2019
AOR1: 1 July 2019
SA approved: 06 January 2020
Bio : 03 January 2020
Medical: waiting
Info Sharing: Complete (gcms notes)
Criminality: Passed (gcms notes)
Security: Not Started (gcms notes)
Eligibility: In Progress (Status: Recommend Interview on 29 November 2019, SGVO from gcms notes)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

What triggers interview? Seems like SGVO requires interviews for most applicants from Bangladesh.
Various things but the number #1 is lack of time spent together. Many of the marriages may be arranged in Bangladesh so there will be very little proof of time spent together until after marriage and many spouses return back to Canada after the wedding. If a couple has dated for a long period and may have even lived together before marriage they have a lot more evidence that they are in a genuine relationship.

Reactions: aasraful

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Applied on : 23 may 2019
AOR1: 1 July 2019
SA approved: 06 January 2020
Bio : 03 January 2020
Medical: waiting
Info Sharing: Complete (gcms notes)
Criminality: Passed (gcms notes)
Security: Not Started (gcms notes)
Eligibility: In Progress (Status: Recommend Interview on 29 November 2019, SGVO from gcms notes)

Hey buddy, from where did you get your police clearance certificate in Dhaka? How long did it take and what was the process like?

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Hey buddy, from where did you get your police clearance certificate in Dhaka? How long did it take and what was the process like?
Hey !
Can can get your police clearance certificate anywhere in bangladesh( police station ). It's processing time one month less or more.
Thanks

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hey !
Can can get your police clearance certificate anywhere in bangladesh( police station ). It's processing time one month less or more.
Thanks
So it can be any police station?

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.
Quotes
“We understand that the last few months have not been easy for those who are far from their loved ones in these difficult times. This is why we are accelerating the approval of spousal applications as much as possible. Our government will continue to find new ways to keep families together.”
– The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html?fbclid=IwAR1bNNemPdAFa9iOHpSh0ZJJBGSsLa4ECK334nCQUK8stq5vkQsWfTsx0_Y

fazim

Jan 31, 2021
Hello,
I submitted my express entry application as a single on 10 January 2020. Later on 22nd July 2020 I got married and raised webform to add my spouse in the application. Then submitted all relevant information and fees. Now from the last webform inquiry we came to know that my application is scheduled for interview. Is there anyone in the same page or any previous experience of this sort of interview?
Regards
Fazim

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hello,
I submitted my express entry application as a single on 10 January 2020. Later on 22nd July 2020 I got married and raised webform to add my spouse in the application. Then submitted all relevant information and fees. Now from the last webform inquiry we came to know that my application is scheduled for interview. Is there anyone in the same page or any previous experience of this sort of interview?
Regards
Fazim
Lot of us from Bangladesh are awaiting interview date. However Singapore have initiated virtual interviews so we can hope we get a date soon.

Good luck to you