AOR Received.
22-09-2015
Med's Request
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-06-2016
Interview........
02-03-2016
Helloo everyone, me and my wife we applied in august and last week i got email saying that i will have interview in the canadian embassy, they asked to bring passport and supporting documents, what supporting documents shall i take ? and whatr kind of questions they ask usually, im not native in english but i speak only english with my wife im afraid that i won't understand some questions,at the end i ask all experienced people here tell me anything to help and please wish me best of luck because i think i need it, thanks in advance.

and how long it takes to get an answer

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
sweetlife said:
Helloo everyone, me and my wife we applied in august and last week i got email saying that i will have interview in the canadian embassy, they asked to bring passport and supporting documents, what supporting documents shall i take ? and whatr kind of questions they ask usually, im not native in english but i speak only english with my wife im afraid that i won't understand some questions,at the end i ask all experienced people here tell me anything to help and please wish me best of luck because i think i need it, thanks in advance.
In order to give more assistance please post what your visa office is. Which country you are from and any other information (red flags) which may have been the reason you were called for an interview. Red flags are among others 1. Applicant and sponsor have different background (religion, culture), age difference (especially can be an issue of the woman is older and the applicant is from a country/culture where marrying older women is not culturally accepted (North African Muslim countries, Pakistan, India, Middle East etc)

Once you provide more info I can help pin point what type of interview you will have (what type of concerns need to be addressed)

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Also another problems in application can be:

Short courtship; very few in person visits, meeting online and marriage on first visit.
If applicant is Muslim the other issues can be if the sponsor is divorced or has kids from prior relationships but the applicant has never been married

There are many more, but in order to be able to list all list your visa office and your nationality/religion.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshinemrc said:
Also another problems in application can be:

Short courtship; very few in person visits, meeting online and marriage on first visit.
If applicant is Muslim the other issues can be if the sponsor is divorced or has kids from prior relationships but the applicant has never been married

There are many more, but in order to be able to list all list your visa office and your nationality/religion.
where are you getting your info about Muslims and North Africa ? I'm from Both and I don't know what are you talking about !!! Tell us about other religions , Jew , Chris , Bidhist , Maoi ., kao , chnin

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
TANMEX said:
where are you getting your info about Muslims and North Africa ? I'm from Both and I don't know what are you talking about !!! Tell us about other religions , Jew , Chris , Bidhist , Maoi ., kao , chnin
I am and I am married to one. We went through the interview and know very well why mix marriage couples would be questioned. And in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt it is not culturally accepted to marry a woman who is much older, who is divorced or has kids.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
TANMEX said:
Also tell me, how many 20 year old Tunisian men marry 40 or 50 year old divorced Tunisian women? Seriously, do you know what the chances of remarrying are for divorced Tunisian women with kids in Tunisia?

TimS85

Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshinemrc said:
Also tell me, how many 20 year old Tunisian men marry 40 or 50 year old divorced Tunisian women? Seriously, do you know what the chances of remarrying are for divorced Tunisian women with kids in Tunisia?
Why wife is Indonesian and Muslim, well she's not religious but her family is, I converted to marry her.. I also have an ex and a kid.. You're telling me were gonna have an interview based on those facts?

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
TimS85 said:
Why wife is Indonesian and Muslim, well she's not religious but her family is, I converted to marry her.. I also have an ex and a kid.. You're telling me were gonna have an interview based on those facts?
Not in your case, I am strictly speaking of young Muslim never married men marrying older divorced women.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
TimS85 said:
Ok, I was wondering from what you said above about applicant being Muslim and sponsor having kids and applicant never being married.

I also had a short courtship (10 months) and 2 soon to be 3 visits. But we have a mountain of proof. Our application weighed 11lbs
I'm not familiar with Singapore visa office. I am not certain how visa officers in that office look as mixed couples (different background/religion etc). I can only speak to ones I know. 100% of mixed marriages are called for interviews in Rabat, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria that are processed via Paris. Having a strong application certainly helps in any case. try to ask specific question in the Singapore thread, I'm sure there are others that have gone through the same process with similar backgrounds.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
I don't know why soe people are getting upset at sunshinemrc for stating facts about why VO's would question the authenticity of a relationship.

Yes different religions or cultural background is a red flag.
Yes a big age gap between spouses especially if the woman is much older is a red flag
Yes different educational background is a red flag
Yes one partner having a kid and converting to another religion to get married is a red flag

This is not to say for sure you will be interviewed, but they all raise red flags, as long as you have good (not necessary) a lot of proof you will be ok.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
sweetlife said:

and how long it takes to get an answer
You can ask for a translator to be present.

They will ask you things you should know about your wife.

Where she lives, does she rent or own an apartment? how much? what does she do? how you met?
what will you do when yo get to Canada? Why did you marry someone older than you?

here is a thread of all possible questions.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/list-of-possible-interview-questions-t396979.0.html;msg4959062#msg4959062

TimS85

Dec 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fr33z3n said:
I don't know why soe people are getting upset at sunshinemrc for stating facts about why VO's would question the authenticity of a relationship.

Yes a big age gap between spouses especially if the woman is much older is a red flag
Yes one partner having a kid and converting to another religion to get married is a red flag

This is not to say for sure you will be interviewed, but they all raise red flags, as long as you have good (not necessary) a lot of proof you will be ok.

fr33z3n said:

I would think someone converting to be able to marry, especially in Indonesia where it's against the law to marry if you do not share the same religion would show authenticity in the relationship and actually be the opposite of a red flag..

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
TimS85 said:
I would think someone converting to be able to marry, especially in Indonesia where it's against the law to marry if you do not share the same religion would show authenticity in the relationship and actually be the opposite of a red flag..
I understand what your reasoning is, no one can say how a certain visa officer will vies the relationship.
But if you look at any thread discussing how VO's judges relationships. Having people from different religions usually raises a red flag especially when it's in countries that are deeply religious. Like indonesia, Pakistan...
Etc. Which is why you see those countries have a high interview and refusal rate.
All this is not to discourage you. Anyone who has good proof should pass.
Its not fair. But there's no use getting upset over it. It's the way things are. Make sure you are amassing proof. Pictures messages. Etc. Joint bank accounts or assets.
Also. If there's a possibility for the sponsor to come with you to the interview that would definitely help. They may not let them eneter. But once they know they are there to support you it will be a huge help for you.
Best of luck :)

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
TimS85 said:
Yes, however they are not as much assessing your reason for marrying or your commitment but rather they are mainly looking at the applicant's motivation as to why they are marrying someone not from their culture/background. So if there are too many differences that have not been addressed in the application only likely than the visa officer would become suspicious. Based on what I have read from you, it does appear that you guys covered all the bases.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
TANMEX said:
This is a well known fact. VISA officers are well versed in the accepted norms in those countries. For example, a Canadian visa officer in Morocco lives there and likely has been there for many years so they do know local traditions, and what is the norm when it comes to marriages. Truth is, it's not the norm for a young never married Moroccan man to marry a much older Moroccan woman with kids (I'd bet that chances of this type of marriage in Morocco is 1%). Young Moroccan men do have affairs with older Moroccan women, sometimes with married older women, but very unlikely this type of an affair with an older Moroccan woman would turn to marriage.