+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview has been scheduled! Please help.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
We applied to Missisauga January 2007. Our file was transferred to Ghana February 2008. Since Feb. 2008, we have not seen any updates on the website, other than "Medicals Recieved."

Mid January 2009 we sent an email to our MP in Manitoba requesting he inquire about our file on our behalf. It had after all been almost a year, without ANY sort of updates from Ghana. Our MP told us Accra Ghana had us in cue for an interview. Of course, we were like, what the hell does that mean? How long do we wait now? After a year, we've heard nothing! What's going on? And, was it because the MLA called? How can we ever know? I would assume not, but who knows.

In any event, we checked the CIC website three days ago, and saw that an interview had been scheduled for the end of April in Ghana. This is good news, but a little nervewracking. My husband who I am sponsoring lives here in South Korea with me now as we wait out his paperwork. So he will have to fly to Ghana. But, we haven't gotten anything via postal mail or an email. I sent them an email, but it sometimes takes a month to respond from the Ghana office.

Either way, I feel elated, because God willing the interview goes well. I've heard the process after that is only a few months at most. However, I'm nervous because we've yet to recieve any information other than the website update.

Also...does anyone know. Is it a Canadian doing the interview or a Ghanain representative? I ask only because my husband tends to be very short with his answers to questions. For example, if you ask him why he chose to marry me, he says "Because, I love her." I think this is a cultural thing for him (He's Nigerian). In my opinion most westerners would go into a little more detail. So, if someone from African decent is interviewing, they'll understand because it's similar in their culture! But, if it's a Canadian, this may be of concern. I could be wrong, but has anyone been there for an interview yet?

13 months officially we have waited, but it appears that the train is back on track.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi jaundice_p,

This is a link to some general interview questions:

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html

It's a bit specific to someone being sponsored from India, but it gives the general idea of what kind of questions your husband should be prepared to answer. I don't know how Ghana works, but my husband was interviewed in Rabat by a Canadian. His interview was in English (at his request). Your husband should be able to request what language he wants his interview in - however if it's not the common language you speak together, that *may* raise some red flags about your relationship.

Rabat is a really tough immigration office to go through and it seems lots of people get denied because the IO doesn't believe their relationship is genuine. Again, I don't know about Ghana, but I would advise him to get prepared it can't hurt!

Good luck!

Lynn

P.S. my husband and I met in Korea too!

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Very cool! Small world! Were you teaching English here? Thanks for your help, those questions were very helpful.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I sure was. It was a great time (especially cuz I met my hubby!).

So was your husband not able to do his interview in Korea? That sucks that he has to go all the way to Ghana for it.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go!

Lynn