+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for Study Permit

amulyagautam

Dec 3, 2016
I submitted my documents on Nov 28 and its paper based.
Will there be any interview from the high commission? Anyone whose visa have been approved please tell if you had an interview or not.
and i did apply for sms notification from vfs, i got notification on my cellphone but i havent got any emails in my email account.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
amulyagautam said:
Will there be any interview from the high commission? Anyone whose visa have been approved please tell if you had an interview or not.
and i did apply for sms notification from vfs, i got notification on my cellphone but i havent got any emails in my email account.
Most of the study visa applications are approved without the interview, but in some special cases when VO might think that an interview is necessary for approving the visa to clear their final doubts about applicant then they may ask the applicant to appear for an interview. Most of the cases (almost 99%) got approved without interview in study visa applications.

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
amulyagautam said:
Yeah...Interview happens only in sone rare cases where VO has certain doubts regarding ur profile and they just want to clear it before making final decision. I had interview last years in December2016 at Bangalore as my file was transferred to Bangalore through VFS.

Good Luck.

amulyagautam

Dec 3, 2016
Thank you for the quick reply, and what should i do for my next problem....
i got text on my phone that my document was forwarded to New delhi but got no any emails....is it maybe because i may have written my email id wrong.
do i need to mail the vfs office??
or will i get every update on my cell phone..

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
amulyagautam said:
i got text on my phone that my document was forwarded to New delhi but got no any emails....is it maybe because i may have written my email id wrong.
Sometimes may be you receive mail later on. But as far as you have the receipt(with Tracking No.) while submitting paper application at VFS you can track your file status on VFS tracking site.

I don't think you will receive each & every updates on you phone bcz mostly "forwarding file to CHC" is the first and last msg from VFS nothing more.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
amulyagautam said:
You can also link your application to online CIC account and can see the progress of your application from there. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp from that you can directly receive updates about your application from CIC instead of your VFS.