+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ?

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
People who have taken their test and done the interview -

Can you advise as to what questions are asked during the interview ?
What documents are checked for the originals ?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
This is a Calgary experience, not sure if it’s the same everywhere. I did my test on February 20. The officer asked for my PR card and drivers license, checked the stamps in my passports and checked each date as indicated on the absence calculator, asked why there was a 2 month gap in my passport (reason was renewal delay from my country’s embassy), whether I’m working and where and then asked me to sign a declaration and indicate whether or not I have a conviction. He said they will contact in 1-3 months, but if the spreadsheet is anything to go by, I should be hearing from them in a couple of weeks. I never imagined the citizenship process would be this fast.
The test was pretty easy, lots of finishtg within 5 minutes. I got DM on Feb 21 and waiting for oath letter.

All the best everyone!
*Mandie*

Reactions: Hey

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a Calgary experience, not sure if it’s the same everywhere. I did my test on February 20. The officer asked for my PR card and drivers license, checked the stamps in my passports and checked each date as indicated on the absence calculator, asked why there was a 2 month gap in my passport (reason was renewal delay from my country’s embassy), whether I’m working and where and then asked me to sign a declaration and indicate whether or not I have a conviction. He said they eilk contact in 1-3 months, but if the tracker is anything to go by, I should be hearing from them in a couple of weeks. I never imagined the citizenship process would be this fast.
The test was pretty easy, lots of finishtg within 5 minutes. I got DM on Feb 21 and waiting for oath letter.

All the best everyone!
*Mandie*
Which online tests / quizs best resemble the actual questions?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Which online tests / quizs best resemble the actual questions?
All of them, but I would avoid the province specific ones such as who is the opposition leader of a a particular province - some of the answers are outdated anyway.
These ones helped with my prep
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/calgary-applicant-oct-2017.532869/page-7
Also there are lots of free apps on google play or AppStore; just search for Canadian citizenship test.
All the best!
*Mandie*

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
There were around 30 people. At 1 o clock they started giving instructions. Test was easy (b/c we studied hard) only couple of questions were tricky. After the test after 45 minutes we both got interviews together. The lady asked for Passports, Landing Paper and prohibitions letter they gave us after the test. Then she asked for PR, Driver’s License and Health Card. Then she asked couple of questions like who lives with me, What I do and do I file taxes. I signed the letter about the correctness of information, was told about the oath letter to be mailed, got my documents back and left the building happily.

Reactions: Hey

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Is this interview online or in person
you are asking this question in the forums that have not been active since 2018. earlier it used to be in-person after your test, but these days it will depend. You may or may not get interview - and all the details will be in the email if you ever get a notice to appear for interview

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Thanks for reply. Yes I got email. It says online but also says that person should be physically present in Canada.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for reply. Yes I got email. It says online but also says that person should be physically present in Canada.
yes, then you have to be in Canada or if you are not, write to them to reschedule or provide an exemption to attend from outside canada

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
We are flying to Canada for this interview. I guess if they pass, then they will ask for oath immediately, so we are planning to stay few days for oath , passport etc.

r0tzbua

Aug 3, 2023
We are flying to Canada for this interview. I guess if they pass, then they will ask for oath immediately, so we are planning to stay few days for oath , passport etc.
Even after the interview it's not a given that you are getting an oath date quickly (or especially immediately), so I wouldn't fully bet on it.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
you can write an email asking if you are able to attend from outside canada to try your luck