NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
Kelly0891 said:
My Ecuadorian husband just had his interview today for his permanent residence . Apparently, the officer was convinced our relationship was genuine and everything is ok , but the officer stayed with my husband´s passport and told him he would need to get his medicals re done but he would have to wait until the officer sent him a letter (which he said he would send it in about a week). How much longer do we have to wait? Why do they need to stay with the passport? Any info would be appreciated ... we have been waiting for more than 15 months and are more eager by the minute!!
Hi Kelly0891 I made my application from Ecuador

They keep the passport because the visa needs to be printed in Bogota.
The medical request will arrive eaither by mail to the adress in Ecuador o the embassy call you to pick it up at the office.
The medical sheet they are sending you is an special one that already has your husband information . This form is special because it has a number and some letter that identify it as high priority meaning that the moment the get to Trinidad and Tobago they hve 1 month max to reply the results.

In total you should be receiving your passport back in 6 to 8 weeks after you send the medicals to TyT.

Be really cautious with Quito's embassy, im telling you this because i waited a lot for my passport and i wrote to Bogota and they reply me that my passport should be already in Ecuador. After i called Ecuador's embassy they look for it and didn't found it. One hour later they i receive a call from the embassy asking me to pick it up that same day. So be cautious!