AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
We got a letter scheduling an interview, but never received a message saying "the processing of your application has been completed." We did both receive AIP letters (though MyCIC still says they are reviewing eligibility). Is that normal? I've noticed that things often occur out of order...
The order can indeed get mixed up. In our case we got landing appointment scheduled -> both sides DM -> sponsor approval which is obviously the completely wrong order, lol. Nothing to worry about.

NidaR

Feb 11, 2019
Hey just a quick question did you wait to hear back from them to schedule a landing appointment for you or you called or emailed CIC to book an appointment?
The order can indeed get mixed up. In our case we got landing appointment scheduled -> both sides DM -> sponsor approval which is obviously the completely wrong order, lol. Nothing to worry about.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey just a quick question did you wait to hear back from them to schedule a landing appointment for you or you called or emailed CIC to book an appointment?
I did my interview in Edmonton so there was no wait at all. Got my appointment scheduled even before we got the DM. I never contacted CIC for anything.

Regardless, it's not something you schedule. They let you know when and where to come.

Moonshine12

Nov 16, 2018
Hello,

I got the same email with similar wording (I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for: etc) and they only asked for basic documents aka passport, Photos, sponsor and all documents issued by IRCC.
But only I - principal applicant, got the email. And my online application has not been updated at all. I may just be paranoid here, but should I be concerned?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I got the same email with similar wording (I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for: etc) and they only asked for basic documents aka passport, Photos, sponsor and all documents issued by IRCC.
But only I - principal applicant, got the email. And my online application has not been updated at all. I may just be paranoid here, but should I be concerned?

Thanks
You are being paranoid. Sponsor doesn't get the landing interview email and online updates are pretty much never on time.