+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview cancelled (spousal sponsorship)

mistaking

Apr 3, 2024
My interview which was to be held on 15th April, today I got a call that the interview has been cancelled, and you will receive a mail. Is this a concern? Has this happened to anyone before? I am very scared.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My interview which was to be held on 15th April, today I got a call that the interview has been cancelled, and you will receive a mail. Is this a concern? Has this happened to anyone before? I am very scared.
Calm down. Two likely options, that person who was to conduct interview had to reschedule (for some reason unrelated), or they've decided to cancel the interview entirely. The first is neutral, the second could be good or bad - if good they've just decided they don't need it, if bad, they'll be sending a request for more documents or an 'explain this' letter (i.e. they found something they don't like).

It wouldn't be uncommon for them to cancel the interview entirely because they've decided they don't need it - someone senior reviewed the file and decided whatever reasons the other (more junior) officer had to conduct the interview are not that significant.

The request for more docs is not a big deal. Most common might be 'send us more / better evidence of your relationship.'

The 'procedural fairness letter' (what I called 'explain this') is not good, but the issue was there anyway, and would not have been better in an interview (you'll have more time for written answer). My guess is that it is not the procedural fairness letter, my impression is that they don't go to interview when they already have found something they don't like.

What you can do: order your GCMS notes, now, and wait to see what is in the letter. GCMS notes may provide some useful information, or may not.

Reactions: mistaking

mistaking

Apr 3, 2024
Calm down. Two likely options, that person who was to conduct interview had to reschedule (for some reason unrelated), or they've decided to cancel the interview entirely. The first is neutral, the second could be good or bad - if good they've just decided they don't need it, if bad, they'll be sending a request for more documents or an 'explain this' letter (i.e. they found something they don't like).

It wouldn't be uncommon for them to cancel the interview entirely because they've decided they don't need it - someone senior reviewed the file and decided whatever reasons the other (more junior) officer had to conduct the interview are not that significant.

The request for more docs is not a big deal. Most common might be 'send us more / better evidence of your relationship.'

The 'procedural fairness letter' (what I called 'explain this') is not good, but the issue was there anyway, and would not have been better in an interview (you'll have more time for written answer). My guess is that it is not the procedural fairness letter, my impression is that they don't go to interview when they already have found something they don't like.

What you can do: order your GCMS notes, now, and wait to see what is in the letter. GCMS notes may provide some useful information, or may not.
Thankyou so much