+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview call under sds category

Momal tunio

Dec 17, 2019
i applied for study permit under the sds category on 14 jan 2020.
from what i have heard its quite rare to get an interview call . should i be concerned ? please help , i am worried.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Is there something to be concerned about ? Like is it a good thing ? Mine is on the 12! Best of luck with yours . Please pleade please let me know how it goes .
No, it's usually a positive sign. Don't worry and remember to memorize what you wrote in your SOP. They'll ask you questions like, Why Canada? Why this program? Why not Pakistan? Be confident and answer every question. That's all. Good luck! And yes, I will.

Momal tunio

Dec 17, 2019
No, it's usually a positive sign. Don't worry and remember to memorize what you wrote in your SOP. They'll ask you questions like, Why Canada? Why this program? Why not Pakistan? Be confident and answer every question. That's all. Good luck! And yes, I will.
Thank you so much for your input. Did they ask u for any proof of employment and assets ? Also , is there a chance they stamp our passports the same day ?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Thank you so much for your input. Did they ask u for any proof of employment and assets ? Also , is there a chance they stamp our passports the same day ?
They might ask us about it, but they won't ask for any papers there and then, only verbal confirmation, if any. And no. They don't stamp the passports there, they send a passport request later in the portal.

Reactions: Momal tunio

Rkhan1000

Feb 8, 2020
Hey! My interview is on the 12th. I am also worried because i haven't heard people getting interview calls under SDS.

Rkhan1000

Feb 8, 2020
Are you sure they don't keep passport and send request through portal? Have you heard of any similar case?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hey! My interview is on the 12th. I am also worried because i haven't heard people getting interview calls under SDS.
A lot of people are being called for interviews every week so nothing to worry about. And yes, they won't keep your passport. If you pass the interview, you'll get PPR 1-2 weeks after your interview. I have been in touch with lots of people who have had their interviews. If anything, it's a positive sign.

Rkhan1000

Feb 8, 2020
Thanks for the info, really appreciate! The people you have been in touch with got PPR after interview? Also, can you please share some questions they were asked?
This is so frustrating to be called for an interview.

Husnain7866

Feb 2, 2020
Will You Please Share The Timeline that when you applied and when you gave biometrics and after how many days you got interviewed.

I applied on 24 Jan Gave biometric on 28 Jan and.now waiting for reply