+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview by CBSA

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
I have a letter asking me to go for interview by Canada border agency. I am not sure why. But I applied for visitor visa extension until Dec yet I haven't heard the status. So rightfully I'm still under implied status. So one two months passed by, they only sent me a letter to go interview at their office. Anyone has an idea why they asked me to go there?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's not normal. CBSA doesn't handle visitor visa extensions, and they don't normally request interviews unless they're suspicious you've violated a law or regulation or have overstayed or are inadmissible for some reason.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a letter asking me to go for interview by Canada border agency. I am not sure why. But I applied for visitor visa extension until Dec yet I haven't heard the status. So rightfully I'm still under implied status. So one two months passed by, they only sent me a letter to go interview at their office. Anyone has an idea why they asked me to go there?
You should assume you're being asked to leave Canada. This is really the only reason someone is asked to meet with CBSA.

Your situation is very unusual. I would recommend you speak with an immigration lawyer. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to advise you.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Reading through your history, it looks like you've applied for PNPs and been rejected and had a visitor extension rejected. Are you sure you're on implied status?

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Reading through your history, it looks like you've applied for PNPs and been rejected and had a visitor extension rejected. Are you sure you're on implied status?
100 percent I'm on implied status. I called to CIC and they told I have an implied status

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
You should assume you're being asked to leave Canada. This is really the only reason someone is asked to meet with CBSA.

Your situation is very unusual. I would recommend you speak with an immigration lawyer. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to advise you.
I am actually going to leave anyway. I have my plane ticket. I have court date on 10 march cause my previous landlord owed me 1300 cad. And I have a proof for that. The interview is on March 11. I can go back after . I just don't want to lose my money.