+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview and CBSA report

Ankosh1

Sep 23, 2015
does the officer who do the interview have the CBSA?
I am asking because I have one entrance stamp missing and I do not want any confusion for the officer in the interview. Should I order CBSA ( I know it is mentioned in the application that I should order CBSA )

I want my absence to be clear and It will be clear If i order CBSA

Why they ask in application to not requesting CBSA?
does anyone did the interview see CBSA with the officer?

If i am sure the officer will have it i will not order it

I read before that some applicants handle the CBSA to the officer and the officer was happy about it.

Thanks guys

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
My test and interview is on Oct 2. One of my entry into Canada stamp's missing. I ordered CBSA records
and do have it on me now, I also have the boarding passes and my daughter's passport has the stamp and
we traveled together. I had also ordered ATIP for the citizenship processing and knew that the CIC have
got my CBSA report on file as well. So if they do ask me about the entry date I might go with boarding passes,
then my copy of the CBSA report...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Ankosh1 said:
does the officer who do the interview have the CBSA?
I am asking because I have one entrance stamp missing and I do not want any confusion for the officer in the interview. Should I order CBSA ( I know it is mentioned in the application that I should order CBSA )

I want my absence to be clear and It will be clear If i order CBSA

Why they ask in application to not requesting CBSA?
does anyone did the interview see CBSA with the officer?

If i am sure the officer will have it i will not order it

I read before that some applicants handle the CBSA to the officer and the officer was happy about it.

Thanks guys
I had my test and interview on Sept 8th, the officer already had the CBSA report on hand, I did order a copy for myself and took it with me in case though their was no need for it in my case. So better safe than sorry you could order the report for your records and take it with you if you are worried.

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's always a good idea to order your CBSA report and have it with you when you go for your test/interview.

When I went for my test, my interviewing officer had my report with him and verified the stamps in my passport. But when my wife went for her test last week, her interviewing officer did *not* have the CBSA report with her. My wife gave her the copy that she had with her and the officer was then able to verify the dates specified in the Residence Calculator.

My point is - why leave any room for further questions and/or ambiguity, consequently delaying your application? Just order your CBSA report and have it with you when you go for your test.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd recommend you request a CBSA report and have it handy if needed, which may speed up the process for you.

In my case, I knew that I had close to zero exit/entry stamps in my passport, but declared all my absences honestly. At my interview, it turned out CIC hadn't obtained a CBSA report on me.
The officer made photocopies of the boarding passes I had on hand, but said they would request information from the CBSA anyway. Because of that, it took about a month before my status changed to "decision made" following my interview.

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is good to have the CBSA report. If I had my travel history before my interview I would have never recieved CIT520 (additional document) form which cause around 7 months delay in my application.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
In CBSA online application

How would you prefer to receive the requested records?

should I select electronic copy or paper copy?

I read that they send it by mail only. So why there is an option

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself. When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

Does this mean if I request CBSA report it will delay my citizenship application?

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My officer had my record and honestly she didn’t care if my tickets or boarding are showing different dates. However, one of the date on record was showing 29th of March but I had the stamp for 28th so she went with 28th. In total they were 2 days difference but because I left the gap for a week, she said there is no problem. My application is already at decision made.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Travel Dream

No, requesting a CBSA report won't delay your citizenship application. The verbiage on the CBSA site means to imply that your application might be significantly delayed if you decide to request a CBSA report and did NOT tick off the check box on the Citizenship Application form allowing the CIC office to do so.
There's no harm if you checked off the box on your Cit.application and requested a CBSA report as well.

And yes, the wording on the CBSA is convoluted, the reason being they don't want individuals to flood them with their requests ;)
CIC has no idea whether you requested a report from the CBSA, and the CBSA won't report it to CIC (you never gave your consent for the CBSA to do so).

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Travel Dream said:

I read that they send it by mail only. So why there is an option, should I select electronic copy or paper copy?
Any help please

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Any help please
Just select paper copy, that's better anyways. It'll take you approximately 30 days to receive the report.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Travel Dream said:

I read that they send it by mail only. So why there is an option
It will be paper copy. CBSA will not issue any electronic copy of travel record. If you did select electronic copy, it will tell you later in the process that paper copies are only issued. You won't have a choice.