+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International teachers + criminal checks=DISASTER- Advice please!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
If you read the CIC police checks section here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp it has information on how to obtain them.

CHINA
Non-Resident Requests
You can obtain a police certificate from the local Public Security Bureau by asking someone to act on your behalf in China. To do this, you must give this person:

•Specific written authorization.
•If you are a Chinese national, a photocopy of your national identification card and household register booklet (hukou).
•If you are a non-Chinese national, a photocopy of your passport, including the page that contains the Chinese visa.
The person acting on your behalf must present the documents to the local Public Security Bureau.

South Korea, Republic of
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?
If you live outside South Korea
You should request a Criminal History Information Record (Bumjoi Gyung-ryuck ·Soosa Gyung-ryuck Jo Hoi Hoibo-seo, 범죄경력 · 수사경력조회 회보서) from a police station in Korea. Immediate family members (parents, spouses, siblings) may request a certificate on your behalf. Please note all police certificates should include all records, including any lapsed records.

Vietnam:

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy for information

:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bangkokcanuck said:
Oh sure a little war and you give up hahaha, seriously I think that would have to fall under the no chance in hell of getting one category... glad to hear that the VO was reasonable about your situation
The Kuwait PC doesn't seem like a big deal now that my husband is a PR. But I definitely lost way too many nights of sleep worrying about this while his application was in progress!

I'm very very glad they were reasonable too...

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
scylla said:
The Kuwait PC doesn't seem like a big deal now that my husband is a PR. But I definitely lost way too many nights of sleep worrying about this while his application was in progress!

I'm very very glad they were reasonable too...
Yeah I hear ya, I find that once a week I read something in the forums and think hmmm I never sent that or I didn't do that etc.. but truth is no two applications are the same and no two VO's look at them the same.. so all we can do is send em in and then be prepared to defend them in an interview if it comes to that.

Hope the OP finds someone as reasonable as your VO was.