+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA VISITING U.S

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Could someone provide a list of documents that one should provide when applying for visitors visa to the states (B2) e.g valid passport.......

Thx

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
google US consulate responsible for the region of canada you live in. You can see the list of documents that they require but its pretty generic.
1. A valid passport
2. proof of funds
3. Purpose of trip and proof.. for e.g. if its for vacation then proof of travel bookings, hotel etc
4. status in Canada
5. some sort of proof of being an active full time student (perhaps a letter from your school)
6. maybe your transcipts

You will have to apply online and provide a digital photo, make an appointment and go for an in person interview. It takes around a month to get an appointment in Vancouver so plan ahead.

The consulate in Vancouver is very strict in terms of what you can carry with you to an interview and im sure it would be the same at other locations too. you cannot go in with a cellphone or a laptop or any electronic gadget. Only the required documents are allowed so dont take anything of that sort with you. I had to scramble to store my stuff because i was there by myself and they will not store anything on your behalf.

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
oh Habil,
This is you? Quite an age. Do you still remember me? I have searched for you for long. You gave me encouraging words when I got medical reference. Though I am still under treatment,but I will complete the treatment mid 2013 (Insha Allah). I feel good to hear from you bro.
ciao

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I posted this to help who wanted to visit the U.S.

She applied under B2 category........The VO asked only 2 qstns,How long do you want to be there,who is sponsoring you.....She answered and was told your visa has beena approved.......wait for 2/3 business days for your passport.

Thanks to all and wish you all the best