+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Students (approved before 18) need an 'essential' reason to travel to Canada.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
With your study permit having been approved before March 18 makes your US stay actually a moot point. As long as you can satisfy the border agent that your travel is essential you are good. You apparently did that and I am truly happy for you. Enjoy the privilege, I need to wait longer and can currently not enter.

Hi. I was on the US F-1 student visa. I'm not sure about the lastest update for US students since I have my visa approved before March 18. The CBSA did asked me about my status in the US though. They were easy on me maybe bcause Winnipeg airport is small and not many visitors I guess.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hi. I was on the US F-1 student visa. I'm not sure about the lastest update for US students since I have my visa approved before March 18. The CBSA did asked me about my status in the US though. They were easy on me maybe bcause Winnipeg airport is small and not many visitors I guess.
Hey! Great to hear! Were you entering Canada for the 1st time for studies? And were your classes all online for the fall? Please help out...

chris122395

Nov 6, 2019
@vhptanh@97 hey, in case CBSA is okay with us entering and it's the airlines generally that cause a problem, which airlines are you considering in that case?

I currently am looking at Air India, but seems they're not understanding the exemption rules...
In India you cannot take flights because it is a repatriation since India is suspended until Aug. 31 you have to wait until September 1. That is your rule. Please check your travel restrictions in your country.