+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student

malcesine

Oct 31, 2008
Does anyone know if an International Student is considered as such if they attend a College or University only?? Can the International Student be someone studying at a Private School??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume you need this classification for an immigration class you are planning to apply for. The requirements will be listed in the information for that immigration class. I know that at least some PNP's require that the college is publically funded to approve you for PNP as an international student.

CEC says private is ok too, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp#education

malcesine

Oct 31, 2008
Thanks. It wasn't for the Canadian Experience Class though. I was just interested to know if applying for a "student visa" requires it to be a College or University course. But thanks for the other info, Leon!

Leo Zhao

Dec 12, 2023
I'm international student in Canada. And I have my valid study permit. My new visa application is approved but I have no time to stamp my passport because I'm going to travel outside Canada. Can I don't stamp my approved visa and return Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm international student in Canada. And I have my valid study permit. My new visa application is approved but I have no time to stamp my passport because I'm going to travel outside Canada. Can I don't stamp my approved visa and return Canada?
Do you have a valid TRV?

bkky

Jan 3, 2024
My sister provided her introduction letter from her office for her study permit, the letter had to be gotten from head office so she met someone to help her, he sent her a soft copy which she used for her application, letter the hard copy came and it looks different from the soft copy which made her look critically at the soft copy and found a deprecating, she asked the person that helped her he said a staff actually typed it and the boss signed but they didn't see any letter head so he cropped one from another letter.
She is wondering if ircc would look at it as fraud because she actually works there and all the content on the letter is true. Should she write to ircc to explain or wait for them to ask